Metal Fabrication - OKC

jbounds286

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Josh
Anyone know of a metal fab in OKC area? Or anywhere I guess...I have a vertical smoker and I've been using a holey pizza pan for the diffuser but its becoming warped beyond recognition, looking for a more permanent option. Like a 24" diameter 1/2" thick circle with small holes drilled around the outside few inches

Best looking direct cooker I’ve seen yet!

LIES!

AJFCJaXHjha0YuhP4rmkQsrOwa6Bgvk7tPkIvx_Q6tK6JFCndkgj9ZPeo9lye1Pk9lojlyuxARiAgr2u6PjCkN8kRrZUWREB3AvRfp59tEFx9ICmvXAnkkgkjiwj_xb0y2ovfobiwloLm4QqPnmd2bVg1D6r=w1024-h576-s-no

Just checked out their IG page!

Best looking direct cooker I’ve seen yet!

I should have mine in a couple weeks - should be a very versatile cooker - can move the fire basket up to the second shelf for high heat cooking - thinking of also getting a griddle top for half the cooker for smash burgers, etc

Can keep the fire basket on the bottom for direct heat cooking - and also comes with a heat deflector if you want to set up for low and slow cooking -

Anyone know of a metal fab in OKC area? Or anywhere I guess...I have a vertical smoker and I've been using a holey pizza pan for the diffuser but its becoming warped beyond recognition, looking for a more permanent option. Like a 24" diameter 1/2" thick circle with small holes drilled around the outside few inches

Look at water jet locations also. If you can get a CAD drawing done they will be able cut out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok back on track…

Gurgle “laser job shop OKC” scroll down to the list of local businesses. Ask them if they do “job shop work” and if so tell them what you are wanting and will provide them a pencil drawing of dimensions. If they don’t they will be able to tell you who does, they pretty much all know each other.

They will be able to look at you pencil drawing and put it into Catia (or whatever program they use) and get you back a cad drawing for approval. It may take a phone call or two but you’ll be able to find someone pretty easy.

Plasma cut would work for what you’re wanting and it will be cheaper than laser, water being the most expensive.

Glad they were able to help you out - they have been great to work with - should have my direct heat cooker and charcoal chimney in a couple of weeks

Ya I hit up quite a few builders around me, these guys respond quickly and i thought the price was fair, alot of these metal "fab shops" or pit builders in my area wouldn't help...one even said they only do fabs for their own smokers

https://www.psi-okc.com/

I used to work there, they have a laser that could make exactly what you are talking about. There are others but obviously, these guys came to mind.

i would like to add one thing, Jeff exchanged 22 emails with me without even asking for payment, going over my idea on what I wanted, and sending me some designs even. I had to ask him to send me an invoice! He is even going to coat it in some food grade oil and wrap it in plastic since when I pick it up itll be 4 days before I have a chance to season it, def seem to be good people to work with!

Back