smithfield ribs from walmart

I'd like to try the prime, but apparently they're not available anywhere in Georgia.

They aren't, but we've been using the Smithfield Extra Tender butts and ribs from the Cartersville GA Walmart and love them. I am sure that there MAY be a difference between the ET and the Prime, but the ET are SO good that I'm can't imagine the prime being THAT much better.... I for one have cooked a ton of Extra Tender ribs and pork butts the past several months and just don't get the "hammy" comments. They are the most tender and moist products that I've cooked, and they have scored really well. I will be sticking with Smithfield.

What do you guys tell the meat inspectors? Or do they just gloss over the fact the meat is already seasoned

With an asterisk it's technically legal. So I could inject my ribs and pork before hand and just say "it's ok, they came like this"?

Maybe I am playing the game wrong. Get 2 buddies to say it's ok and bam

With an asterisk it's technically legal. So I could inject my ribs and pork before hand and just say "it's ok, they came like this"?

Maybe I am playing the game wrong. Get 2 buddies to say it's ok and bam

With an asterisk it's technically legal? It's explicitly legal in the rules. If this is your true attitude, you are certainly playing the game wrong. We get it. You don't like them. Start a Compart thread and move on.

Rule #3 straight out of the KCBS meat inspection guidelines......3. No pre-seasoned meat is allowed other than manufacturer enhanced or injected products, as shown on the label (EXCLUDING (but not limited to): Teriyaki, lemon pepper or butter injected). All meats must be raw when inspected and cannot be pre-cooked.

As far as I'm concerned do whatever you farking thinks fair with your two friends.....

Walmart and meat enhanced to promote longer shelf life and and tenderness. Nice direction for the future of competition BBQ

They have been cooking Hormel ribs in competition for a very long time down South, it's only a big deal when the "Rib King" has used enhanced ribs. If I could buy Duroc for 2.68/lb and get to sort and choose, I'd be cooking Duroc.

So there is a rule allowing it from the manufacturer but then it contradicts itself by mention some flavors and leaving and open ended * not limited too.

With how many contributors to this thread receiving compensation from Smithfield/Walmart, maybe this needs to get moved to the sales and ventures section

I guess the rules are fine. You keep taking shots in this thread. It isn't about Compart. Lets be above board here. I have been very clear that I am a Smithfield guy. By mutual choice. Untraceable are you affiliated with any pork producer? Maybe one in Minnesota?

Thanks for keeping the thread alive!

Just a fiy smithfield was bought by a china company a couple years ago and it may not mean anything to you but it should

With an asterisk it's technically legal? It's explicitly legal in the rules. If this is your true attitude, you are certainly playing the game wrong. We get it. You don't like them. Start a Compart thread and move on.

Could start a compart thread on how overpriced their meat is along with shipping and the fact that if you order their 8 pack of ribs one of them might be worthy of cooking at a contest. That is unless you are a somebody and they send you better stuff than everybody else.

My last 2 comps had 5th place ribs and this weekend 3rd place all with either full ET spares and/or St Louis cut. Straight bones and no hammy taste.

So let me get this right. Someone wanted to know about Smithfield Ribs from Wal Mart. Cooks of all experience level are responding that this is a great product and affordable in this day of escalating costs. Costs that threaten comp bbq.

Why is Untraceable so concerned? Why does he attack TDuffy and still not answer whether he is sponsored by a another pork producer. If his sponsored product is so superior wouldn't he be happy that so many have switched to Smithfield? Should be ducks on a pond for him. No you see we hit a nerve because people are winning with Smithfield.

Now the next level of attacks. Chinese. Are these patriots typing from an manufactured in China I phone? Or from their Chinese Laptop. Are they waving a flag against a company who employs 38,000 Americans and exports everything they produce? Tell me they are watching TV on an American made TV? Isn't this a little hypocritical? So they wont buy raised in USA pork because a Chinese holding company owns it but will buy a chinese DVD player? Huh?

Back on topic. I just got my 5th GC in 7 comps this year using Smithfield Extra Tender. I love them and the company. They are investing in BBQ and selling an affordable product that wins.

Back