Country Style Ribs

chichas01

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My wife, bless her heart, picked up some country style ribs for a b-day dinner we're doing tomorrow for her brother thinking they were actually ribs. She knew I wanted a 'do over' after my last rib cook went down inflames to a truly bad piece of meat. No worries, they'll cook up fine. I picked up some Butchers BBQ Wild Cherry Rub at DD Meats today. I'm excited to see how they turn out. Got the meat rubbed down till it goes in the WSM tomorrow

Attachments

• IMAG1901.jpg
    IMAG1901.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMAG1904.jpg
    IMAG1904.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 358
I cook these all the time. My wife is on the low carb diet, and I cook these for her regularly to eat throughout the week. They are very easy to dry out if you're not careful. I have found the best way is to put the on the grill or smoker (I do offset on my 22" kettle for one pack or my WSM for more than one) around 300 - 325 for 40 minutes. Then, place 3 - 5 in tinfoil with a little Blues Hog Tennessee Red for two hours. Next, remove and glaze with more sauce for 10 minutes. They are always fork tender and never dry out. They also keep well for reheating this way. They dry out easily if not not foiled.

I cook these all the time. My wife is on the low carb diet, and I cook these for her regularly to eat throughout the week. They are very easy to dry out if you're not careful. I have found the best way is to put the on the grill or smoker (I do offset on my 22" kettle for one pack or my WSM for more than one) around 300 - 325 for 40 minutes. Then, place 3 - 5 in tinfoil with a little Blues Hog Tennessee Red for two hours. Next, remove and glaze with more sauce for 10 minutes. They are always fork tender and never dry out. They also keep well for reheating this way. They dry out easily if not not foiled.

I was thinking about foiling as well once I get the color/bark set. I'm going to do them a little lower at 225-250. Thanks for the tip!

Char-Broil Center Cut Charcoal

So I went to Lowe's last night to grab some charcoal for my cook and came across this Char-Broil Center Cut charcoal. I'd seen it before but it was almost $25 and was labeled by CU ft and not weight so I always passed. But this time it was $9.98 so I grabbed it!. Worth a try at that price. I did some research on it and it is actually made by Black Diamond and gets pretty high marks.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag113.htm

iu

I'll second the need to wrap them in bunches. I did these once without wrapping and they completely dried out. They looked nice, but were pretty much inedible.

I really like CSR's but agree that they need wrapping (I put them in a pan after exposed to smoke for an hour or two, sauce, add diced onion, and cover tight with foil). They are the only meat I sauce heavily when I wrap so as to prevent drying out. Last half hour I'll uncover to set the glaze. Kind of like brisket bunt ends when they are done.

got things going an hour ago. the char-broil fuel started really fast and very clean. very minimal smoke. Really liking the color on the meat after it sitting overnight with the rub!

Attachments

• IMAG1906.jpg
    IMAG1906.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG1907.jpg
    IMAG1907.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAG1908.jpg
    IMAG1908.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 224
Foiled up with some apple juice. Should be ready just in time for the game

Attachments

• IMAG1910.jpg
    IMAG1910.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG1911.jpg
    IMAG1911.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 215
Those look really good.

Like Bill, I put mine in a pan and cover with foil. I put a braise into the pan to about 1/2 way up the meat and let them go for about an hour. Fork tender. I just had 2 nice ones tonight for supper out of the freezer dated 9/5/15. Man, I love that vacuum freeze.

My Dad got me started on CSRs. He would always put them in the rotisserie basket and let them go for a couple hours, giving the a good dose of BBQ sauce and beer every so often.

Yours Look Delicious!

Back