How do you cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts???

jmed999

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Please help! Looking for boneless skinless chicken breast ideas.

Brine??? Marinade??? Smoker or Grill? Rub??? Mopping Sauce???

Cooking temp??? Wood choice??? Internal finish temp??? Sear???

I love boneless skinless chicken breast I'm just not sure the best way to smoke/grill them. :oops: I know you guys will put me on the right path! :grin:

So please tell me the best way you've found to cook these.

Thanks in advance!

:clap:

Here's tonight's... only jaccarded and no brine. If it's from frozen then I will normally brine but no matter what I usually jaccard. This was a simple spog type rub and you can see how juicy it was. Grill or smoke? It's really both the way I do it because it's over a wood split fire, temp was probably 350-450*

I usually pull around 160* and it'll carryover to 165* as you do not want to mess around with poultry!

Marinate in Italian dressing for a few hours and grill no more then 7 min per side or to an internal temp of 145F

kosher salt for a few hours, simon and garfunkel rub, HOT cast iron pan, indirect heat to IT 145

Boneless always gets grilled. Unless you wrap it in bacon...then smoke it!

The best thing to do with boneless, skinless chicken breast, imo, it to cut them in half lengthwise, pound them out flat and fry up some cutlets! Mmmmm I can do some damage on some chicken cutlets

smoke it at 275 to 300. I inject with Apple Juice about 30 min before. Pull at 160-165, nice moist and mouth watering :)

Seasonings can be salt free dizzy dust, SPG, our favorite rub and even glaze with blues hog or something. Have some fun with them! Buy them on sale, and experiment :)

Marinate in Italian dressing for a few hours and grill no more then 7 min per side or to an internal temp of 145F

Doesn't chicken need to be cooked to 160-165° IT to be "safe" to eat? I've cooked some to 160° before that even looked a little too under done....

Doesn't chicken need to be cooked to 160-165° IT to be "safe" to eat? I've cooked some to 160° before that even looked a little too under done....

If you want to follow outdated, overly safe guidelines. There is documentation about poultry being safe to eat in the 140F range but i dont feel like digging it up, i am sure someone else will chime in on it.

165 kills salmonella instantly. It dies at lower temps as well but just takes longer. I'd have to look it up but at 160 it's something like 2 seconds. Goes up from there and the time needed gets long pretty quickly. I pull at 150-155. (Goes up a bit during rest too). 145 is lower than I feel comfortable with but it's probably okay

If you want to follow outdated, overly safe guidelines. There is documentation about poultry being safe to eat in the 140F range but i dont feel like digging it up, i am sure someone else will chime in on it.

I'm glad you've never gotten sick @ 140* but it's playing with dynamite imo.

There just isn't any reason to gamble I think. Look at that chicken breast i posted from tonight and it wasn't even brined and it was dripping wet. I can see someone going lower than 165 if they want to make sure it's moist but it's just not necessary.

I've known people that have been hospitalized eating under cooked poultry and they say it's past horrible.

I make a marinade with the juce from the jar of sliced jalapeños some diced garlic Italian dressing or similar dressing splash of soy sauce salt pepper garlic and onion powder and a splash of liquid smoke. Slice it thin marinate and grill.

Cut into strips, then cut the strips into 2 or 3 pieces.
Marinade in your favorite stuff or just use some rub.
String on bamboo skewers and grill about 10-15 minutes.
Chicken on a stick, kids love'em.

Huli Huli chicken , marinade in a Hawaiian style sauce for a few hours , I usually do it for 8-10 hours , grill till done , chop it up and serve it over rice with Mac salad on the side , I used suddenly salad this time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 242

It has to be ~165 for 1 sec to be safe. It has to be 145 for ~4 min to be safe. If you pull at 145, between the residual rise and fall you will be well within the "Safe" zone.

Even if chicken is safe at 145 the texture isnt right at that temp. For boneless breast i like to pull at 160+. Dark meat has better texture even higher, 180+

Last chime in on chicken temp...Some people are more susceptible then others( i.e children and elderly) at these bacteria's that can cause food poisoning. If someone can't get EXTREMELY juicy chicken breast @ 160ish then they are doing something wrong anyway. Like ninja said texture outside and in is better cooked properly anyway.

Lastly doesn't it make sense to have a bigger safe zone by cooking to the FDA recommended temp then to try for 145* and have something happen like a false or inaccurate temperature reading and get people sick? Not everyone has fancy accurate thermapens and even those aren't infallible. It's a unwise gamble....Like i said I can see taking "some" liberties if it meant a moisture product but you can get maximum moisture @ 160-165. Ok rant off.

Back