New to me Weber Kettle for FREE!

unixadm

Take a breath!
Reaction score
So I started off my day as usual, walked outside and noticed my neighbor had a weird assortment of scrap sitting in front of their house. Nothing was appealing, so I figured it was one of those free scrap pickup deals. So I jump in my truck, turn right out of the court I live in and make it about 300 feet down the road when I notice something in a driveway with a pile of junk. It's a Weber Kettle. I drive past telling myself, no.... don't take it... but then my want for a Kettle got the best of me and I did a quick U-turn. Pulling up like I was in some kind of a covert operation, I look left, I look right and in an operation that took about 15 seconds, that puppy was in my truck bed, camper shell shut and the truck is already back in drive! haha.

It's a 2002 22.5" Kettle One Touch and it's in pretty good shape. I'm going to install new grates and call it good. Gave it a quick wash on the outside and a pressure wash on the inside. Not bad for free. I've never scored any of my equipment for free and I just couldn't drive past a perfectly good Kettle without putting it in the back of my truck. Maybe I'm a bad man, but I'm a bad man with a free Kettle! haha!

IMG_2909.JPG

I think you're right. It looks better than I thought - it was still wet in the pic. However it still shines pretty good after it dried off. Other than the lid being dropped a few times and a little rust on the exterior handles/rack, it's in really good shape. I went ahead and fired it up just for the fun of it.

IMG_2911.JPG

I'm going to order the new Gourmet grate from Weber for it - that's what it needs are new grates. The ones in it are rusty. It looks like it hasn't been used for a while.

If scoring a free OTG is bad, I don't want to be good.

Nicely done.

Great score!!
I watch all the time for freebies. I scored a 30 foot fiberglass ladder one time. Once I got it home it was busted at the latches though.

As long as it was in the junk pile, that's fair game.....a large percentage of mine were also free....that's a nice one !!!!

Good Score!!!!

My lid has been dropped a few times also, still cooks the same.

What some folks call a junk pile others call a yard sale. heh heh heh... OOPS!:shock:

Really good shape!! Should get a lot of use out of that kettle.

Back