Diggity Dog Days of Summer--Homemade All-Beef Dogs

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hello brothers and sisters,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. There is a hot dog TD going down and what's better than making your own right? :becky:

I snapped a few pics along the way and here they go:

Spices for the dogs

SqRoTTUh.jpg

Ground some chuck first then seasoned it and semi froze it for a second grind

yRLeSxbh.jpg

The second grind

ghCacXqh.jpg

Next I put it in the food processor to get it to a paste like/hot dog consistency

RWIoycsh.jpg

I put some in collagen casings and some in hog casings since that's what I had. Here are the first two steamed for a taste test and they sure tasted like hot dogs. :biggrin1:

O2NFSbfh.jpg

While I put some dogs on the gasser I made some curly fries

FI6CkHth.jpg

iyOQkY0h.jpg

And ready: Homemade bacon wrapped dog and a naked dog served with regular and curly fires, side of tangy slaw

FM9fcHah.jpg

TkUp3Meh.jpg

MidAyZph.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

My God man! Just open a restaurant already!

That thing looks delicious! :thumb:

Lol, if I had a penny every time someone said that.....Well, I'd have a restaurant already. :becky:

Thanks buddy!!

On this US Open weekend all I can say is: you da man!

Hot dogs 'n co-cola, can't beat that! Nice job on them dogs.

Fair to say you set the bar high for the throwdown. Great looking meal that makes me want to catch a flight out and pull-up a chair. Also, which grinder did you use and how do you like it? This may be the summer I pick one up.

Last edited:
Looks awesome Sako, I'm not a hot dog fan but I'll bet I would be after trying yours!

Love hot dogs but don't eat them much due to suspect ingredients. These however I would have no hesitation, now I am ruined for all other dogs that may come my way. Great job!!!

Fair to say you set the bar high for the throwdown. Great looking meal that makes me want to catch a flight out a pull-up a chair. Also, which grinder did you use and how do you like it? This may be the summer I pick one up.

Thanks bud! I must say it's hot as chit here today though. :biggrin1:

I use the LEM #8 and I love it. I've had for 4 years now and no complaints. No maintenance, all stainless steel and gears are all metal. Not that it needed it but LEM made upgrades to their line up.

er69J85h.png

Looks awesome Sako, I'm not a hot dog fan but I'll bet I would be after trying yours!

Love hot dogs but don't eat them much due to suspect ingredients. These however I would have no hesitation, now I am ruined for all other dogs that may come my way. Great job!!!

Thanks guys! I'm not a big fan of hot dogs either but when you use meat coming for one animal as opposed to thousands it makes a world of a difference. I don't want to even start on the by products. :puke: Naturally these were quite good.

I absolutely love sausage though and prefer pork over beef. I never made dogs so I thought it'd be pretty cool.

Ummmm yes, I would like two of those please!

Man, you guys really take it all the way. Now I have to try making my own dogs. If the wifey luvs them, I am in trouble. Thanks.

Dang it Sako! Why do you do this to me! First it was the McRibs, now I'm going to be making my own hotdogs! Any way we can get the list of seasoning ingredients?

Looks good though! How did the collagen casings work for you? I plan on doing some sausages with collagen casings to see how they work compared to natural casings. Bet they don't work very well

Back