THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CLeeSmokinQ

Knows what a fatty is.
About the last 6yrs or so I've been managing kitchens off n on. Most recently a ****ty owed steakhouse (which I won't name). Fed up an tired I quit my job took a 6dollar pay cut ( until I can find a "CAREER" ) jumped on board with a craft style food/beer pub, they got an awesome concept, they have invited me to join there team, create new menu ideas, more importantly getting back to the actual "cooking" aspect of a kitchen.. The paper pushing manager loses out a lot of time in the kitchen an I kinda missed it.. Oh yea! Not to mention my new boss overheard me talking about some Q, we talked exchanged ideas an looks like I'm the new right hand man for the Gaint sticker burner sitting in the parking lot :biggrin1: could possibly even turn into a team for cook offs :)

For now I'm happy..

I can't figure out how to post pics if not I would have..

Everyone can check us out at :

Pouring Glory
1001 Bryan ave. Ft worth

Or www.pouringglory.com

Look like a good place. Your a brave man to take that kind of pay cut to be happy - If I were close I would come by and support the establishment.

Wish you the Best Brother!

Wow I just looked it up on Yelp and it has pretty solid reviews. I will be going there to try it out here in the near future. Any advice on which day is the best to go for say a lunch special or beer specials?

It was a rash decision haha, an I do love to cook... But I guess it's just a break, I really do want to find an actual career I don't believe this is it but it will do for now.. Might even go back to school who knows..

None the less I'll finally be able to put all the good tips I learn from the brethren to use haha

Wow I just looked it up on Yelp and it has pretty solid reviews. I will be going there to try it out here in the near future. Any advice on which day is the best to go for say a lunch special or beer specials?

Lunch specials change everyday as do Select "beer of the day" feature.. Beers never really run a special as they are all craft.. 53 taps an not one is a standard domestic!! There is a beer here for everyone! Say you wife says I hate beer, well we have the ability to tell your wife try this an she's gonna love it an love Beer after that lol.. The food is awesome, weekends we have brunch.. The menu is always evolving.. In a few weeks me an the boss we conjur up something on the smoker too :)

Wow, looks like a great place. I'm glad you're happier in your new job--even if it's only temporary, but you never know. Maybe it can grow into something more lucrative. If I lived closer I'd come by and check it out, too.

^^^how do I post photos from my phone?

A few druthers haha or ideas, I wanna do a chile smoked Mac, we've already talked of brisket n butts that's the norm... I wanna do a version of ABT, maybe a fatty style twist for brunch.. So many ideas, just need to see exactly how much free range I'm going to get haha

Back