THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Phriday, Pholks! I had a tri-tip planned for tomorrow, but I ended up taking a vacation day yesterday and made a "trisket" for lunch. I'm still in a beef mood, but I need to figure something out since I have nothing thawed now. Kroger has choice $1.79 briskets, so maybe if they have a runt size one that might be a plan.

I'm going to fire up the new Acorn Kamado today. The $79 steal from HD. Have to cure the grates and burn off oil etc. Any tips?

Pork loins are rubbed, prepped and on the smoker. After a couple of hours I'm going to glaze them with apple butter and serve them at my wife's office with baked beans, mac & cheese and cornbread.

View attachment 139545

View attachment 139546

I'm going to fire up the new Acorn Kamado today. Temp is supposed to be in high 60's and tomorrow afternoon in the 30's with some snow and gusts to 50 mph. Any tips on curing and burning off the oils?

On Saturday I'll be hitting Big Brother Smoke's cooking class :whoo: and not sure on Sunday - maybe nothing 'cause iPh the weather's good enough, me and my older son will be hitting Magic Mountain to ride rollercoasters, which is something we do Phrom time to time. :whoo:

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu, the crew, and all y'all's Pharkers!

Turkey Pastrami on the WSM and going to whip up some creamy cole slaw and make some turkey rachel sandwiches. Slice the turkey pastrami, throw it on the Genesis II to put some color on it, then stack it on some marble rye, add the home made slaw, thousand island dressing, and swiss cheese, then put the whole sandwich on the gasser to grill/toast up the bread and melt the cheese.

Back