First time cooking on a WGA! (with pron)

slugmong

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The spousal unit and I just took a short break staying in a 64 Airstream in the middle of nowhere in Wales.

The ad said there was a portable BBQ we could use and to my surprise it was a WGA! I must say it was as easy as using my kettle back home!

Did jumbo prawns and garlic chicken for she who must be obeyed and a nice sirloin for myself along with roast veggies.

Some neighbours came over to say hello! some of the last wild horses in Wales

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 295
Cheers it was really peaceful, mind you at one point I thought we may need an Ark to get out of there the amount of rain we had!

And it's an oldie too!
WGA and aluminium containers...looks like the way how I cook on that unit.:-D
Very nice reportage!

my family had one of those cookers, i gotta find it.

food and location look amazing!

Beautiful

Beautiful camping spot. I can appreciate the hours spent keeping you trailer in such good shape as well. Anyone can buy a new one but to keep an older one in that shape take la lot of ove.

Awesome looking. I've just recently begun to cook on the WGA and I love that little thing. I actually like it more than the kettle. :redface:

Those prawns look huge! Why are there fewer horses on Wales -
people eating 'em???

Great post mate, looks sweet.Those little GA are the bees knees:thumb:

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I very much miss Snowdonia and North Wales from our years living in Cambridgeshire.

The food looks great, and it's good to hear that The Boss was kept happy throughout.

Kind regards,
SD

Well done, slug - I used to own that same model WGA, but lost it somehow years ago.

Unfortunately it isn't my caravan we just rented it but I would love one! I am definately considering adding a WGA to my stable!

Those prawn were freaking huge!! Looks awesome :grin:

Back