24 turkey breasts

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did a farmers market yesterday. Instead of ribs I did smoked turkey breasts....24 of them. Went really well...sold out in an our. Wish I could have fit more.....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Pics of the set up are below. When they were done it was such a rush I couldn't get pics. The 2 done pics are from a cook earlier....just to show how they looked.

Oh yeah....the health dept showed up unannounced. He had me open the smoker and say "which one is the next one you're selling?" I pointed to it and he took the internal temp......166 :biggrin1: Was kinda sweating that one.....

Last edited:
Very cool! Way to flow with the season! Great idea.

BTW, You still have farmers markets going on in Nov.? Ours typically end at the end of Sept. here in Ohio.

Those are two great looking turkey breasts. Lovin the color on them!

Are you still doing the Farmers Market that you posted about a couple years ago? I have a friend that lived in West Deptford and I told him he needs to go up and buy some ribs from you, but he hasn't made it up to the farmers market yet.

Thanks guys. Yeah...this is the same farmer's market. I've been in 3 years now. Last year they got the idea to do one more market the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It went so well they did it again this year and will make it a permanent thing.

Good for you.

The turkey breast I buy don't come with the wings:frown:

If you dont mine me asking, what are they selling for? They look great. Nice color.

Nice breasts!! Never considered the Farmer's Market angle on selling Q or other cooked food for that matter. Again, if not a problem, what is the current selling price of your breasts and how big are they? :) To sell at the Farmer's Market, do you need a catering license or any special permits in your area? I may steal this idea and test the water here next spring/summer.

Very nice color on those breasts.haven't seen them sold with the wings on them.

Cooking is even more fun with the cooker is loaded up. Thanks for sharing the pics. They look great!

My pit is comparable in size and last christmas i was able to put on 30 breast and 2 whole turkeys by spatchcocking them and laying them flat so I could use both racks. It looks like you have slots for the other rack so maybe this will work for you also. Just an idea.:confused:

Back