No longer a brisket virgin! PBC Brisket and burnt ends!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok folks, today I cooked my first ever brisket and did it on my new favorite smoker, the PBC. This thing rocked today. It was a pretty simple cook, I just lightly coated the brisket with olive oil and rubbed it down with PBC Beef and Game rub. I decided to cube the point and make burnt ends. I coated them with Stubbs original. It all turned out fantastic and I would call my first brisket a huge success! The PBC ran about 270ish all day.

Here is the once 11 lb brisket trimmed up. Hey it was my first time to trim a brisket! :mrgreen: lol
20150627_124144_zpsxmi7mizx.jpg

20150627_124230_zpspkqvpl3t.jpg

I didn't get a pic of after rubbing. I hung the brisket in the PBC until it stalled at about 163IT. It had the color and bark I was looking for so I wrapped in foil. Here it is just before wrapping
20150628_171803_zpsxbjezo8h.jpg

Once it hit 200 I began probing. It was probe tender at 203. I pulled it out of the PBC, separated the point from the flat, wrapped the flat back into the foil then wrapped a towel over that and placed it in an ice chest for a 1 hour rest. I then cubed the point. The cubes were delicious before returning them to the smoker. I'm surprised I had any left! :mrgreen:. Here is the brisket before separating along with a pic of the cubed point prior to coating with Stubbs.
20150628_190403_zpsrazwidyt.jpg

20150628_191516_zpsdcdf5ubb.jpg

Once I coated the point with Stubbs, I returned it to the PBC to cook until the flat had rested. Once the flat had rested an hour I pulled it out of the ice chest and sliced. OH Boy! was this thing delicious! Awesome smoke ring, perfectly tender. I cant believe it was my first! Check out these pics!
20150628_202226_zpsivuubgee.jpg

20150628_201711_zpstxaxkopq.jpg

Finished burnt ends...Yum! :biggrin1:
20150628_201238_zpsbpawtctp.jpg

And now a plated pic. Don't need anything else but meat!!!!
20150628_202025_zpsbwzpc30l.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Nice way to pop your cherry Andrew!

How big and how long it take? ....curious because i just roti'd a 12 lb. What temp?

Great looking grub brother:thumb: I haven't done a brisket on my PBC yet, but after seeing this I can't wait to try it. I have however used my PBC hooks to hang briskets in my Shirley vertical with exceptional results. Again, great job :clap2:

Great job. PBC sure does do a great brisket with minimal fuss. Even though I didn't do burnt ends just remember I did my first brisket a full week before you did so I win!

Outstanding brisket! I'll say again the PBC rocks briskies. Nice smoke ring btw.

Nice way to pop your cherry Andrew!

How big and how long it take? ....curious because i just roti'd a 12 lb. What temp?

Lol, Thanks Keith. It was an 11 lb brisket, took 8 hours total. 7 in the PBC and 1 in the ice chest.

Very well done! Looking like an old pro.

I'd say you can call that a success! Looks great!

Looks like you nailed it man!

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

Great looking grub brother:thumb: I haven't done a brisket on my PBC yet, but after seeing this I can't wait to try it. I have however used my PBC hooks to hang briskets in my Shirley vertical with exceptional results. Again, great job :clap2:
That's awesome!! Thanks for the comments...

Great job. PBC sure does do a great brisket with minimal fuss. Even though I didn't do burnt ends just remember I did my first brisket a full week before you did so I win!

Thanks brother Bob! Hhhmm, I don't know.....Since you didn't do burnt ends lets call it a tie....lol :becky:

Man, that looks great. I hope when I do my first one, I can get those results.

Thanks! Hey beef prices are dropping. Time to try one out! :razz:

Outstanding brisket! I'll say again the PBC rocks briskies. Nice smoke ring btw.

No argument here! Thanks!

Well done Andrew, looks delicious!

Thanks Jeanie!

That looks great, nice cooking

Thanks landarc!

im disappointed in u...u ruined the best part of the brisket.......

but congrats on ur first cook!

Uuummm Thanks!? :twitch: I assume you meant I ruined the point? Maybe you should try burnt ends.....They are great! :mrgreen: They don't do those in competitions for nothing!

Gotta admit i love sliced up point too...although absolutely nothing wrong with burnt ends.

Back