Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

No Sir. Not yet. Letting it season a while long. May try a few small pieces next time for some heavy smoke flavor.

I'm gonna try a few chunks in the back of the firebox behind some post oak when I cook one of the briskets, a butt and some ribs on Friday. I have a friend that uses almost all green hickory in his stick burner and he turns out some fabulous BBQ.

I'm gonna try a few chunks in the back of the firebox behind some post oak when I cook one of the briskets, a butt and some ribs on Friday. I have a friend that uses almost all green hickory in his stick burner and he turns out some fabulous BBQ.

What time should I be there?? LOL

I wish! On duty all wknd.

Well here is a quick review of my IVC....... Craftsmenship is flawless. And I am very picky. It holds temps like you have a controller on it. Wind last night and today doesn't seem to effect it. It's probably the easiest smoker to Runni have ever had. I was trying to decide for along time on which brand I Would go with. I have no complaints on this decision. If it turns out que as well as its made. I'll be one very very happy camper. Only time will tell. The wait is on for the first morsels to come out.

Well here is a quick review of my IVC....... Craftsmenship is flawless. And I am very picky. It holds temps like you have a controller on it. Wind last night and today doesn't seem to effect it. It's probably the easiest smoker to Runni have ever had. I was trying to decide for along time on which brand I Would go with. I have no complaints on this decision. If it turns out que as well as its made. I'll be one very very happy camper. Only time will tell. The wait is on for the first morsels to come out.

Congrats on getting your new Lone Star. The quality of BBQ it turns out is totally dependent on you. When I first got mine 16 months ago I was not impressed with the food I was turning out. I was cooking by the directions from the builder. His tastes obviously are quite different from mine. It took me a couple months before I started running the IVS like I had been running my WSM's and it all came together. We like smoke flavor up front instead of in the back. In other words don't be afraid to use more wood chunks than the recommended 80/20 ratio. The minimum I use is 60/40 up to 50/50.

Have fun and enjoy the best smoker money can buy.

ANY DAY NOW!!!!
I shall be the Proud Owner of a
Lonestar Grillz Vertical Insulated Smoker !!!
The Final Week of the 10-14 days is here
My wife has Spare Ribs and Brisket dancing in her head
like Sugar Plums at Christmas...

"It is going to a long week. :) When did you order your smoker?"

I ordered it June 2nd. :thumb:

Posting a couple of pics..... JUST CAUSE I CAN!!!!! :)

Cheers!!!

6D059D68-607B-4D63-8C80-8E5E83F5DBE4_zpsw471kasv.jpg

66F6ED83-390F-42F6-B4D2-DC7ED04C6F7A_zps3bctclty.jpg

Last edited:
"Sawzall is your friend..."

Live close enough to pick it up myself... :wink:

Just pulled these off to wrap and hold in the oven for a while before bed. I ate three bones off the baby backs, and OMG!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/JApJUV6chGk[/ame]

67171112-BA9A-4D65-B8E5-46F904ADFB62_zpsyrwugrw6.jpg

334415B6-3535-48E4-9042-1FB49F22352C_zpsezhpwmqr.jpg

4A9695DF-ACE8-465C-A4B0-5795F0EFD50A_zpsdjnffjib.jpg

B4EF8F2A-8DB2-4DF5-B39B-3177FACD0D5C_zpsjdvww4vi.jpg

Back