UDS burnout

B-boy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So I am in the midst of building a UDS, i've drilled all my holes burned it out, stripped the exterior paint and repainted it. Now I am stripping the interior of the barrel with a wire wheel. My question is I'm not sure if the lining is gone? the barrel had new transmission fluid in it. The whole thing rusted inside after the burnout and before my cleanup, not that I am at it with the wire wheel it is taking FOREVER to get it down to shiny metal. I've gone through 2 wheels and am about ¼ of the way there. Do i keep going to make it shine or can i just get the rust off and season it?
cheers

for my UDS I had opted fro a new barrel and while it had no liner, it still had a baked ust inhibitor. I burned it out with a flame thrower (used for roofing jobs) and a few days passed before I could seasons it. It started rusting right away on the inside. Thin surface rust. So I sprayed it with oil all over on the inside and then seasoned it. After a few cooks, you can no longer see the rust and interior of my UDS is all blacked out.

There was no harm or foul taste. If it rusted, I reckon you removed the liner so you should be good to go.

If I ever build another one I will have it sand blasted...way to much work to get the liner off

Back