Sunday smoke 9lb Packer Brisket

seaham358

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
All trimmed down and rubbed with plowboys yardbird with some sugar in the raw on top of that. Going to use cherry and I'm thinking a low and slow to start and well see where I end up. Wife says hot and fast. Also thinking of trying what all the cool kids are doing Butcher paper if I can find some on a Sunday..

I rubbed with some plowboys bovine bold also. On smoker at 9:30 waiting for smoker to get Back up to 230ish and ill let her rip at that temp till it hits 160-170 IT. I also injected with Myron Mixon injection recipe on Friday night.

Paper sack works in a pinch.

I like to say it's not how you get the its how you finish. If you go h&f just give it a long rest, or better yet ramp down the temp after the stall.

You're gonna want to bump up that temp if you want to have it for dinner.

nice! i'm doing a packer about the same size but i'm shootin for hot n fast, i already started a thread about it so it'll be cool to compare how both of ours come out

Smoke ninja thanks. Paper bags I got. I figure ill have to crank it up some when i wrap it to get it done sooner. Its at 138 and smoker at 230 right now.

Cut point off and wrapped the flat with butcher paper and a paper bag, butcher only gave.the wife.a.small piece. IT was 165 when I did this. Point is back on the grate to get some more bark and flavor. I'm going to crank the heat up after it settles down going up close to 300 to get her done.

Pulled at 201 and its resting. Tried a piece of the point and it was good, the wife does not care for the bark and is waiting for the flat.

Looks great. Mine went on about 3 hours ago. Should be ready to eat in another 2 hours.

Did not get a pic of the flat. Was eating and the Wife cleaned up the kitchen. The point was still resting in oven so I sliced it. The flat was good but not as moist as when I wrap in foil. This was a fun day but we both agree the hot and fast method works better for us. So no more butcher paper here.

Back