Suggestions on a fryer.

Bluebyyou

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
In the market for a deep fryer. I don't fry a whole lot but when I do, it's always a pain to do it on the stove top in a pot and the I find it difficult to maintain proper temp.
I was considering this model and wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. It gets pretty good reviews and it fits some of features i was looking for without breaking the bank.

http://www.waringpro.com/catalog.php?pcID=140&product_id=546

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Eddie

The above thread is useful. The Waring company has a long history of good products and customer service. I would not hesitate to purchase a product of theirs.

The search function is a google custom search at the bottom of every page. If you are a subscriber then there is a forum search up at the top of the page.

Cajun fryer by rv works.... It is freaking amazing
Those do look heavy duty and kick ass but I am looking for something tabletop sized. I just came back from Bed Bath and Beyond and they sell the Waring but non in stock.

Did you check amazon.com?
They carry Waring supplies.

I've tried several of the indoor fryers, while some are better than others I didn't know what I was missing until I bought an R&V Works Cajun Fryer. my inlaws live in Shreveport and I was able to go by the factory, see the process, and meet the guys making these things. They are top notch cooking machines and it's reduced how much we eat out by a ton.

I seriously haven't bought Buffalo Wings at a restaurant in years, once you make your own, no restaurant wings will ever compare.

I just did but it comes out cheaper if i go to BB&B with the 20% coupon that they mail out all the time.
$95 on Amazon, free shipping
$99 at BB&B - 20% off coupon + 6% tax and free pick up = $83.95. Just have to go to other store down the way.
I think i have settled on the Waring. I appreciate all the information people.

I think the Cajun fryers are great. However, some folk just need a smaller, inside system.
I have a turkey fryer that I use for big cooks, but I do not want to fire it up and run back and forth to the outside, when I am doing something just for me and my wife. The smaller, electric unit works just fine for that.

I just did but it comes out cheaper if i go to BB&B with the 20% coupon that they mail out all the time.
$95 on Amazon, free shipping
$99 at BB&B - 20% off coupon + 6% tax and free pick up = $83.95. Just have to go to other store down the way.
I think i have settled on the Waring. I appreciate all the information people.
Congratulations. I think you will be happy with the Waring. My older Rival brand looks a lot like that, and the specs are almost the same. We really enjoy using it.

Thanks qman. I dont have it yet and I already have a list of items ii want to make in it.

First will be some Colombian Bunuelos (cheese fritters) and some Colombian Empanadas (yellow corn dough turnovers with beef, potatoeas and seasoning)
I've made them before frying in a pot with oil but the inconsistant temps allow for too much soaking and ruins them.

Back