God Bless Texas...and Costco

smokingkettle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I normally purchase Choice packers at HEB. They were running a special on them for $2.00 per pound up until recently. I was waiting for "the right one" to get for Thanksgiving (somewhere around 17lbs) but didn't have success. I walked into Costco today and saw a 17.4lb (Thanksgiving) and a 10lb (for a later date) Prime for $2.79 per pound. Yeah, I jumped all over that. The 17.4lb has great marbling and is pretty even. The 10lb is the perfect shape to work with. It's times like this where living in Texas and having a Costco membership is glorious.

12227799_1673692529541751_4947348276322943143_n.jpg

12239670_1673692539541750_2427271685796360802_n.jpg

11202808_1673692549541749_4507286751415187718_n.jpg

You Texas boys are killing me with these brisket prices and quality. It's just not fair.:mad:

Ask for the case price. Drops it to like 2.13/lb for Prime. Dont quote me on the exact price, but it is dramatically less by the case.

Agree with you on Costco. They have a great selection of beef even in Florida... although I haven't seen full packers in prime. Maybe one day. :twitch:

And just think I got excited yesterday when I found a new store (to me) near my work that had choice packers at that price.

Amen brother. I got mine (USDA Prime) at Costco too in Sugar Land, Texas for $2.89/lbs the other day. It'll be brisket cook this weekend :grin:

I think the last packer I bought at Costco (Prime of course) was at the $2.79/lb price, and I am in MN! It was tasty too. I need to do another before the snowballs fly.

Costco SoCal yesterday also $2.79/lb for prime packers. :clap:

Glad to see that some other parts of the country are seeing our prices. Wish some of our fellow brethren in other parts of the country will soon get to see prime packers at Costco for the same price.

Man..now i feel like we getting ripped off in San Diego haha. Although I guess it's nice you can just walk in and buy a case. Choice is 2.49 which isn't bad.

IMG_1567.jpg

Man..now i feel like we getting ripped off in San Diego haha. Although I guess it's nice you can just walk in and buy a case. Choice is 2.49 which isn't bad.

IMG_1567.jpg

What's odd is that at my Costco, all they have is Prime. While I'm not complaining about our price on Prime, I wouldn't complain getting a Choice every now and then.

God must've blessed Cali too. :becky:

$2.79 for Prime briskie as well. In the middle of somewhat big bbq today. :nod:

JuPzSdJh.png

Haha this definitely is tritip country by where I am. The two nearest Costco to me don't usually carry full briskets. Have to go to the Costco business center or restaurant depot to grab em.

If I'm really desperate I buy flats at Von's. 7-8 bucks a pound 0_o

smokingkettle,

you should go sit in the corner for an hour and chastise yourself for riding youngins like that in the front seat with no seat belt...............shame on you for endangering precious things such as those 2 are...............:der::cop:

smokingkettle,

you should go sit in the corner for an hour and chastise yourself for riding youngins like that in the front seat with no seat belt...............shame on you for endangering precious things such as those 2 are...............:der::cop:

I actually thought about putting the seatbelt on them and taking a picture but then realized that it would have been copying the 28lb brisket thread that's been floating around on here.

Back