Good Eats Episode -- Eat This Rock (Brining research)

SmokinOkie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Have a question about Brining (I know I'm the expect, but I'm always learning). Looking for some help with Alton Brown's "Good Eats". Hope someone out there is a fan like I am, but I'm researching some Salt Information and I come across references to a Special Episode of Good Eats about Salt title "Eat this Rock"

I've looked all the normal places (Amazon, ITunes, YouTube) for copies but I can't find a copy to purchase/download.

Any fans out there know where it is or have a copy?

I actually own all the other Episodes (gifts from the family) but this isn't on any of the DVD's.

MODS: Hope this is okay in the Q section, if not please move it as you see fit.

That was a "Special Episode", you'll find a lot of information saying it was Season 7 Episode 20. But really it was "Special Episode 3" which showed during Season 7. That'll be a tough one to track down. I'll look later tonight for you though!

Thanks, you know it well if you know the Episode #'s. I've got all the other Special Episodes, like Romancing the Bird (Brining), etc.

TIA

Quick Google search turned up that it's on the Food Network Takeout Collection DVD - Good Eats With Alton Brown - Condiment Nation[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B5VF7I/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002OXET30&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=172SDHXBY9Z376FTQDPB"]Amazon.com: Food Network Takeout Collection DVD - Good Eats With Alton Brown - Condiment Nation - Includes BONUS FOOTAGE Plus Chile's Angels / Spice Capades / Eat This Rock!: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51107w61VYL.@@AMEPARAM@@51107w61VYL[/ame]

Here's a link to an Episode Index with various links.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/gefp/EpisodeByOrder.htm

SmokinOkie, sent you a PM.

...can't believe I'm helping a Sooner :tongue:

Help everyone...reguardless of race, religion, creed, fatcap up or down affiliation, etc............:-o

I sure hope this isn't a lecture on my tease, because I'm the one that did the in-depth research and leg work for this guy...

I'm a fan...

and I even think I have seen that episode. I wish I had them all but that is lower on my list of gift requests. I have always thought that was the best food show on TV. Short of eating pig intestines...and he has an episode that is not far off, I think Alton covered all angles of food!

This is probably silly to ask, but did you go to the Food Network site and do a search for it? I've always found the shows I've been looking for on their site..

Have a question about Brining (I know I'm the expect, but I'm always learning). Looking for some help with Alton Brown's "Good Eats". Hope someone out there is a fan like I am, but I'm researching some Salt Information and I come across references to a Special Episode of Good Eats about Salt title "Eat this Rock"

I've looked all the normal places (Amazon, ITunes, YouTube) for copies but I can't find a copy to purchase/download.

Any fans out there know where it is or have a copy?

I actually own all the other Episodes (gifts from the family) but this isn't on any of the DVD's.

MODS: Hope this is okay in the Q section, if not please move it as you see fit.

:thumb:

Back