Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
And that is camping, racing, and cooking, all together!

The IMSA sportscars were at Mosport this Canada Day long weekend. I still pinch myself that I have such a historic track withing 40 mins drive of me. I got there as early as I could on Thursday to get a good campsite, and pitched my tent.

aRDNoEg.jpg

Arrived back on Friday morning. The place is packed and we're all ready for a full weekend of racing action.

1hxJRBc.jpg

My new Smokey Joe was the star of this camping trip, again. I had two different options for fuel this time. Went with the RO. :thumb:

Dgso11R.jpg

Diced up some potatoes and onion while the coals were getting ready.

U1fMXFh.jpg

LwxGB0a.jpg

Some corn and a pork rib chop were thrown on with the taters. Just salt and pepper on everything.

HC2yE8D.jpg

Was an awesome finish to a long day baking in the sun. Even had an awesome sunset. Joe did double duty, as my fire pit too, as there was no sign of a fire pit anywhere around me, and the grass was rather dry. It worked really well. And can shut it down when it's bedtime.

AxGYEND.jpg

Gr7xxIo.jpg

KBEXzLY.jpg

After a good sleep, was up bright and early and hit the stands for an 8am practice for the Daytona prototypes. Man, there's nothing that warms the heart quite like silence of morning being broken by the sound of racing engines and the fastest sports cars on the planet!

9d9Tu2Z.jpg

There was even a group of 10 or 12 vintage grand prix cars from the 70's and 80's, and they had a couple of races. Was pretty cool to see. I don't know if the picture is good enough to see but I'm sure many of you will remember this car.

o68zaGT.jpg

Second nights dinner was almost a repeat of the first night, but with the pork chop being replaced by a veal chop. Was a great weekend! I hope my American brethren are all enjoying your July 4th as well!

Thanks for looking!

Looks like an absolutely perfect weekend for you! Glad you got to enjoy yourself with some of your favorite things.

Back