What's the Farkn big deal about Blackstone

How do you clean the drip tray in the front?

After every cook while it's still hot I wipe it down and reoil. Turn it off and cover when cooled. Next cook I fire it up, wipe it down when hot, reoil if necessary and cook.

Repeat

Griddles are great, the amount of food you can fit on those things is just ridiculous...I had talked myself into the blackstone and just before leaving for cabelas, I checked CL and lo and behold a 4 burner crestware 20 miles from my house!

-D

I'm still in the "what's the big deal" camp. I haven't seen anything that's made me want to run to get one.... yet.

I'm still in the "what's the big deal" camp. I haven't seen anything that's made me want to run to get one.... yet.

To me where it really shines is Breakfast. Other meals too, but breakfast of bacon-sausage-eggs-green chiles etc are so simple-quick and easy to clean up. I cooked breakfast the last three days for 4-7 people all outside on the flat top. Inside I would've had multiple skillets and a messy kitchen to deal with.

They're probably not for everyone, that's cool- but I really enjoy mine. Thanks cowgirl and others.

Plus- if you hang around here long enough we enjoy spending other people's money.

I'm with you.

a griddle,,ya gotta use outside,,,..

aint nuthin but a big fry pan that cost a lot,is hard to clean and store ,takes up a lot of room ,,etc..

may as well lay a CI griddle on the gasser,have as much room,easier to clean and cheaper..

my wife just came home with the last one they had for $100 and just can't wait to break it in tomorrow . :biggrin1:

I'm with you.

aint nuthin but a big fry pan that cost a lot,is hard to clean and store ,takes up a lot of room ,,etc..

may as well lay a CI griddle on the gasser,have as much room,easier to clean and cheaper..

Im gonna call cleanup easier than in pans. If i make breakfast inside its multiple pans to clean i addition to cleaning the kitchen. I don't like cooking bacon as much indoors, grease splatter...more kitchen cleanup. and Another factor is speed. I fix breakfast way faster with my griddle.

You say i have to cook outside with it, from my perspective i get to cook outside.

Now a griddle on a gasser would work great....if you have a gasser...which i dont....and probably wont have.

My favorite thing to cook on my griddle is grilled sub sammiches.

Breakfast for 9 in under 20

I'm with you.

Ninja speaks truth.

I've not had a gasser in 10 years. I've not missed it. Vermont Castings. I put it in the alley by the dumpster and it was gone within the hour. Bet someone is still using it somewhere.

To me where it really shines is Breakfast. Other meals too, but breakfast of bacon-sausage-eggs-green chiles etc are so simple-quick and easy to clean up. I cooked breakfast the last three days for 4-7 people all outside on the flat top. Inside I would've had multiple skillets and a messy kitchen to deal with.

They're probably not for everyone, that's cool- but I really enjoy mine. Thanks cowgirl and others.

Plus- if you hang around here long enough we enjoy spending other people's money.

Ah and that's probably why the appeal is lost on me. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. I'm one of those people who wants to eat leftovers etc for breakfast instead of eggs. I love going to places with strong Asian influences where they eat fried rice etc for breakfast. Thanks for the info. It looks like for me it's one less thing for the wife to yell at me for buying.

My son has one and he uses it mostly for fried rice, udon noodle fry, fish tacos
All things shrimp etc.

I seldom eat rice, but the photos he sends of shrimp, chicken and veggie fried rice does look tasty.

I agree, great but not for everyone. I have one. I haven't found the "thing" that makes me use it. Used it twice for breakfast. Maybe I'm just lazy. Does take up a lot of room. I do enjoy y'alls cooks though.

Back