Spatchcock turkey and ribs on the Shirley

sylntghost

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My wife had a 21 pound turkey in the freezer for the last year. I was tired of looking at it so today I'm cooking it along with some ribs and beans and weenies. Also included a pic of the the size splits I'm using to maintain 225 to 250 I add a split every 34 to 45 minutes on this 24x50 straight back cabinet.i may have to use the 24x75 next time... I think it may be getting jealous.:frown:

Last edited:
looking great so far and really never cared for smoke turkey either but I will down some of them ribs in a instant . :biggrin1:

Looking good... what's that 2x4, block & brick? doing on top?
The 2x4 I use to put my chef alarm on. The block weighs down my steel smoke deflector.my wife is tired of the smoke stains on my pole barn roof. lol

Looks pretty tasty to me. Hard to beat a turkey sammie with Hellmans and a lot of black pepper.

That all looks perfect! I haven't wrapped ribs in forever. I'd like some pics/details on that heat deflector. I will eventually get something built on my slab and need some ideas.

It is 2 pieces of 1/4" steel plate turned in oposite directions. It is 30" tall and on 1 1/4 steel pipe. I put a block on the bottom steeel plate so it does not tip over. And put it right over the smoke stack.

Last edited:
Back