THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wagge

Knows what a fatty is.
Just picked up a prime flat at HEB, in 15 years of smoking I have never done a flat, always a full packer. However this little guy spoke to me and said buy me, I have lots of marbling, good fat cap and limp as a noodle, So I said I would welcome him into my pit with loving arms. S&P till tender, @ 6lbs I guess about 4-5 hours or so @250:thumb:

Not putting down those that cook flats, its just I miss the fat

You won't be sorry! When shopping at Sam's a couple of years ago, I stumbled across a Prime flat. The only packers that they had at the time were Select. I opted for the Prime flat over a Select packer, and it is one of only a very small number of briskets that I've done that turned out great.

I had a couple of prime flats from HEB and they were really good. I was thinking your new low was posting brisket for $1.49/lb to just mess with us.:shock:

Back