Pickles a la marubozo

Not sure what to say. I love a good sour pickle. And a good spicy, sour pickle. Love them...

Thread Revival!

Should've reread your comments above before firing up the stove, but I just packed 2 quarts and a pint of Marubozo's pickles with the full salt content. For some reason, there's no fresh dill and no decent chillies to be found on this island, so I had to opt for the packaged/ground stuff and red pepper flakes... and hope they turn out.

IMG_0953_zps35c3a4fc.jpg

IMG_0955_zps44b07767.jpg

IMG_0958_zpsa1f02c22.jpg

I can't imagine that 24 hours is enough time to let these kids soak before they're all that tasty. I usually give my other pickles 2-3 weeks before I dare crack open a jar.

Anyone else have recent luck with the recipe or slight tweaks?

Kind regards,
ShadowDriver

This is the only pickle recipe I have tried but I can't see any other being better or easier.to make. 24 hours is enough time. Made several batches over the past 6 months, but cut the salt in half. Great recipe and every pickle eater I know loves them. Next growing season I will put in a couple of cuke vines just because of this recipe.

The recipe also works great for green tomatoes if you can find them. The only think I hate is if I accidentally eat a coriander seed. Yuck! Great recipe for sure, I think it works great on any type of cucumber.

Back