A Midnight Snack

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Decided to do up some chicken for a quick meal tonight and the leftovers I'll use in chicken noodle soup this weekend. Local store was running a special for 59 cents if you bought 10#s.

i-7t7JDkR-XL.jpg

The asparagus in the garden has really taken off, got some ready to put on in a little bit.

i-HtpWV6q-XL.jpg

Tito's and cranberry juice to keep me company... :becky:

Great looking chicken My father tried to grow asparagus- first time he planted it upside down and the next year He buried it so deep it probably went to china first

Man those look great! good thing I wasn't there or your soup would be vegetarian.

That's what I call a snack and especially at midnight. :nod: Looking good Norm!

Thanks everyone!

George that's a funny story about your Dad. :-D

I'd just got back from a business trip and needed to unwind. Funny how your mind gets overloaded with work and cooking is just what I needed to relax. Well that and the tito's!

That does it, I'm making chicken tonight! :becky: Looks great Norm!
Those fresh asparagus look mighty tasty too. :clap:

Thank you Jeanie!

This is out of the garden but the wild asparagus is almost ready to send out spears. Between that and the morels I'm one fat and happy farm boy this time of year. :wink:

Looks like rain is coming in on Sunday so I'll raid the hen house and make up a batch of chicken noodle soup for next weeks lunches. I'm putting in a new horse pasture fence, if you come up and help I'll share!

Thank you Jeanie!

This is out of the garden but the wild asparagus is almost ready to send out spears. Between that and the morels I'm one fat and happy farm boy this time of year. :wink:

Looks like rain is coming in on Sunday so I'll raid the hen house and make up a batch of chicken noodle soup for next weeks lunches. I'm putting in a new horse pasture fence, if you come up and help I'll share!

That sounds like a good deal to me. Home made chicken and noodles are one of my favorites; :grin: :thumb:
Haven't been morel hunting yet this year. I'm probably too late.

Back