New Arrival

Boston Smoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Humphrey's Downeast Beast arrived yesterday. Delivery company was nice enough to put it in the garage.

IMG_1316.jpg

This thing was incredibly well packaged for shipping. Heavy-duty wooden crate, well wrapped/padded, and strapped in very tightly. I got the 8" casters so that I could roll it from the garage to the patio. Glad I did, because this thing is very heavy. But with one person on each side, it rolls across the grass pretty easily.

IMG_1317.jpg

Went with the black with chrome door and drop-down stainless steel side tray. This thing is very solid. The doors close and latch very easily, but with a solid "thunk". Even the racks are incredibly solid and heavy.

IMG_1331.jpg

Sprayed it down with some Pam and am currently seasoning. Have 3 probes at top, middle and bottom of cooking chamber. Running it for 3 hours at 225 to season and help set the gasket. Placed about 10 lit coal at the front on the maze. Got up to temp within about 30-40 minutes. Top shelf ran about 10-15 degrees hotter initially, but now all 3 locations are pretty close (224, 227, 228 was my last reading).

IMG_1332.jpg

Had to go with this add-on. Tried it out already. Works great. May need to try it again, just to be sure...

IMG_1330.jpg

That's a nice looking cooker, now try the opener again

Back