North Texas Bash - Spring 2015 (New Location!!! - Please Read for More Information)

Will probably roll Earl at 275-ish and Colt at 325 with the Guru and folks can choose which to use for whatever they are cookin'!

Hey everybody, I just noticed Totally Basted is doing wings so I'll take them off my list and add something else. Any requests/ideas?

Edit: maybe HDD Pig Candy?

Last edited:
You had me at HDD Pig Candy...perhaps we need to prove out your method on Friday night just to be sure there are no glitches in the program on Saturday! :wink:

Can I reserve some space in Colt? Just got some Bigmista's Perfect Pork rub that I wanna try out on a pig butt.

A li'l bad news. Had lunch today with my son Brian (Totally Basted) and he's not gonna be able to make it to the bash.

A li'l bad news. Had lunch today with my son Brian (Totally Basted) and he's not gonna be able to make it to the bash.
Dang! That sucks! But I didn't think he looked like the guy that the neighbor girl had the restraining order against :wink:

I just realized that a local place fills growlers, so I might pick up a growler of a a local brown ale and a local IPA for frognot :wink:

I'm going to bring my Lil Texas Elite for my lechon pork belly, as it has to run at at hotter temp to get the skin crispy n cracklin. Looking forward to this shindig 100%

I'm going to bring my Lil Texas Elite for my lechon pork belly, as it has to run at at hotter temp to get the skin crispy n cracklin. Looking forward to this shindig 100%

Ugh, now I really miss coming down!

GMD, you ever have lechon kawali?

The lechon pork belly I'm making is actually a spin on lechon kawali... will have filipino seasoning but is a really thick slap (5 layer as they call it) ... as I result I get the cracklin skin, slightly crunchy fat layer under it, and because I roll it up, we get juicy strands of pork meat!!! So freaking good. I pick up my 11lb slab from the butcher Friday after work. Will prep it and air dry it in the fridge over night. Will take about 5 hours in the Traeger so I'll probably get to Peeps around 7am.

Wow. If there's that many choices can I request something tropical or piney? Not as big a fan of the floral or dank ones that are very popular in the IPA world right now.

peeps, have you tried Founders Breakfast Stout? I can bring you one, plus one from 2012 & 2013 so you can compare how they've aged. Also, did you ever try Fanconia Dunkel?

Or landarc could join us and bring some Pliny with him . . .

Last edited:
Back