THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No, and I suspect that finding a full size pavilion close enough (in other words not having to go to Eisenhower or Cooper) will be a problem given how close it is and the fact that two of the largest facilities have already been telling folks to look otherwise.

To be honest, this info was never shared by the park folks (maybe since they had me down for the 30th and are still planning on being open). I got blindsided by the above post. Hopefully by middle of next week they will have a clear idea of the reopening date and a 10 day weather forecast that includes the 30th so that we can make a better decision.

If I recall correctly, the lake itself is maintained by releases from a US Army COE damn & spillway. In my experience they know pretty much to the hour how long it will take to get the levels back to safe conditions given a few different rainfall scenarios and their regulation schedules. I'm betting that is controlling the Park folks plans to be open by the 27th

Fark it, I'm coming anyhow even if I just cook burgers in the Sanger Inn parking lot:thumb:

If I recall correctly, the lake itself is maintained by releases from a US Army COE damn & spillway. In my experience they know pretty much to the hour how long it will take to get the levels back to safe conditions given a few different rainfall scenarios and their regulation schedules. I'm betting that is controlling the Park folks plans to be open by the 27th

Fark it, I'm coming anyhow even if I just cook burgers in the Sanger Inn parking lot:thumb:

My backyard is small, but I have plenty of pit space. :biggrin1: We can figure something out if we need an emergency plan.

I was out at Hidden Cove the other day in The Colony on lake Lewisville and I believe I recall seeing a pavilion or two that were far away enough from the water to be fine. Just sayin.

Worst case, I'd be willing to host folks for the day. Haven't talked to Tasha about it, but it is still the same direction for most folks and we could use Earl, Colt, Major and the Kettle. Our back yard is smallish, but have a decent patio...lets play it by ear, and see what's what in a couple weeks and firm things up from there.

It'll be fine by 30th but yall come on down to Cleburne if you want. :heh: they got 2.5 Acres

Cook meat or bring side dishes, BYOB.......... Drunken Karaoke after Eats

I spoke with some friends who have property over by Lake Lavon - if our primary is still closed they said we can use theirs ... they can run power over to where we set up and as long as we pay for the power usage and share some BBQ they will be fine with us setting up there. Its private so we can get there Friday any time and go all night. Note though it is not directly on the lake.

Although I do like the idea of crashing PEEPs place and checking out his cherry car!

So on my vacation last week I cooked $600 worth of meat for friends, four cooks in a week. And I'm super excited about the bash in a couple weeks and cooking for y'all again.

I think I may have a disease. A delicious, meaty disease. :)

By the way I vote for crashing Smitty's party as Plan B.

Last edited:
So on my vacation last week I cooked $600 worth of meat for friends, four cooks in a week. And I'm super excited about the bash in a couple weeks and cooking for y'all again.

I think I may have a disease. A delicious, meaty disease. :)

By the way I vote for crashing Smitty's party as Plan B.

Crash??? He invited us back on page 11:laugh:

Back