Ribeye pr0n Reportage , Full On pr0n No Talking

That looks GREAT!!
Good info on the Asparagus too, seems easy enough. :clap2:

See, now there is a reason Silent Movies died in public opinion once talkies were released. We want to know details. Other than missing out on the details, that's a great looking cook...

Let the ribeye warm a little on the counter with the wet rub on it. I think it set out almost 2 hrs and had an IT of 50 when I put it on the 18.5" kettle set up with fire brick to create a 2 zone fire. The fuel I used was Frontier Lump SAMs club, I think theirs is better than I've got from Lowes so far, SAMs employees handles by the pallet and Lowes will handle it by the bag. I also added 3 chunks of white oak about the size of my thumb.
I have no clue of times because I was washing my camper at the same. When it hit an IT of 127 I removed it and let rest while the asparagus was cooking. Left the lid to get the lump going good, and did a quick sear on all sides. Final IT was 135 in the center and along the edges it was 140.

Now that is one killer meal!

Thanks!!! It really was good!! One of the best meals I've had in a while. The fresh rosemary smelled real nice while cooking. I also added a few sprigs to the coals, that mixed with the white oak made for an awesome smell!!

Yeah boy. That's what I'm talking about!

I gotta try some of that Frontier Lump, looks pretty lumpy. :thumb:

Yeah boy. That's what I'm talking about!

I gotta try some of that Frontier Lump, looks pretty lumpy. :thumb:

I really like it so far, as long as I get it from SAMs. What I've gotten from lowes hasn't been bad but it has had more smaller pieces, which isn't always bad. The thing I like most about most about the Frontier so far is I think it last longer and I don't have to as much back to my basket in my UDS.

Last edited:
My mother-in-law made one last Sunday. I won't tell her yours looks much better, but hers was good.

She paid $13.99 a pound:shock:

Garrett, that is a great looking cook. My local Kroger has just put them on sale and I plan to purchase a couple for Easter next week. Would you mind sharing some details about the marinade you used? Thanks in advance.

Garrett, that is a great looking cook. My local Kroger has just put them on sale and I plan to purchase a couple for Easter next week. Would you mind sharing some details about the marinade you used? Thanks in advance.

To be honest, I didn't measure anything. I used kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder,one and a half sprigs of fresh rosemary. worse-to- shire sauce, and olive oil. I added enough oil to make a paste about the same texture as peanut butter and then added the worsy sauce to make kinda runny.

What I actually did was a half palm full of the salt and a palm full of the other dry ingredients. Hope this helps.

To be honest, I didn't measure anything. I used kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder,one and a half sprigs of fresh rosemary. worse-to- shire sauce, and olive oil. I added enough oil to make a paste about the same texture as peanut butter and then added the worsy sauce to make kinda runny.

What I actually did was a half palm full of the salt and a palm full of the other dry ingredients. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of like that style myself.

Back