PBC Blues, not enough hanging space / length

Twisted T's Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know I cant be the only one with this problem , wish I didn't have to cut the ends off of my briskets when I cook them in the pbc, what do you boys do with your ends that you cut off ? maybe it has been discussed before ? if so i didn't see it or have forgotten....

Must have been a Texas Steer:biggrin1: First time I ever heard a man complain he had to much meat hangin:confused::shock: Sorry you left that door wide open.:p I guess you could save it grind it for burgers, use it in chili, season it up and hang it for burnt ends on this cook.

Must have been a Texas Steer:biggrin1: First time I ever heard a man complain he had to much meat hangin:confused::shock: Sorry you left that door wide open.:p I guess you could save it grind it for burgers, use it in chili, season it up and hang it for burnt ends on this cook.
lol i dang sure did, i usually do the later, season them up hang and cook them pull them at about 3 hours and eat them, i have been cutting them in about 2 inch strips, normally have to cut 3 or 4 strips off to get the main brisket up off the coals

Never had that problem in the PBC but then again my briskets haven't been larger than 14lbs.

When mine touch, only the very tip gets charred but who cares?

Just put the hooks lower in the meat. If the top folds over, no big deal. This will raise the bottom.

Back