Beef ribs

PorkinButts82

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I see a few threads here and there for these tasty looking beef ribs. Where's the best place to source them at? Sam's, costco, publix, Wally world,.... ?!?!?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Only place I have seen them in my area is at a butcher....I had to ask for them before they cut them all up.

I got the last ones I cooked at Sam's. They usually don't have them out but if you just ask the meat counter guy, they usually have the cryovac bags in the back.

I got the last ones I cooked at Sam's. They usually don't have them out but if you just ask the meat counter guy, they usually have the cryovac bags in the back.
The only thing I saw there yesterday was the short ribs. Definetly want to try those as well.

I've gotten good ones from Restaurant Depot.
I thought about buying KCBS membership so that I could get a RD member card. We have about 30 mins from my house.

If you go to your local publix, they should have chuck short ribs in the meat section that are cut down. However, you can simply ask one of the employees for the ones that are uncut. 99% of the time they will have them in the back. It will be a cyrovac containing 2 four bone chuck short rib racks. The price ranges from $6/lb to $4.50/lb depending if there is a sale (they tend to go on sale quite a bit from my experience). Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you go to your local publix, they should have chuck short ribs in the meat section that are cut down. However, you can simply ask one of the employees for the ones that are uncut. 99% of the time they will have them in the back. It will be a cyrovac containing 2 four bone chuck short rib plates. The price ranges from $6/lb to $4.50/lb depending if there is a sale (they tend to go on sale quite a bit from my experience). Hope this helps.
Sweet!! Thanks for the info brother

I think a lot of places have them you just may need to ask before they cut them up

Kroger didn't have them today. Local butcher has the big ones...3 bones about 8" long...those are the short ribs, right? About 9.99 lb...angus I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kroger didn't have them today. Local butcher has the big ones...3 bones about 8" long...those are the short ribs, right? About 9.99 lb...angus I believe

Those are plate ribs. Thats the good stuff :) Basically uncut short ribs. Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

Those are plate ribs. Thats the good stuff :) Basically uncut short ribs. Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

I'm going to pick up some from the butcher as hopefully they have some back in stock

I did beef back ribs a few days ago and they were very good, but not much meat on the bones.

Here in SoCal, Costco has prime short-rib racks (four bones a rack) that come in a cryovac two pack.

Not all of them have them but you can ask them to go in the back and check in the event they don't have them in the cooler.

Price is in the low-mid $30s for the 8 bones. I don't ever look at the per pound price since I'm buying them regardless.

I get mine at Sam's but you haft to ring the bell and ask the butcher for them because the ones they put out they slice them up .

Back