Welcome dcimike! Sounds like your PBC will arrive just in time for the weekend. You can literally be cooking on it 30 minutes after your get it unpacked. Plan something good!

Cool idea. Can you smoke like that on the performer or do you have to take it off first?. I await (pacing and refreshing the tracking page) the Fedex guy with my new PBC on Fri. Moving up from a POS Brinkmann offset.

I leave right on there. I did put some support under the rack it sits on to reinforce it for the weight. But it does slide in and out easily, like when I put the cover on. Congrats on the purchase!

13082618_10204773725421255_8261085559564802644_n.jpg

checks front door....nope.

5 mins later, checks front door....nope.

*taps foot impatiently*

:clock:

You could(can) literally be cooking 30" after arrival. Have your meat and coals ready to go. Make it a memorable first cook.

Its here!

Shipped Monday from CA and arrived in time for happy hour in CT in Friday.
6 minutes to unpack and set up. Now waiting for the boss to get home before I start it up (only fair, I used HER credit card to order:wink:)

IMG_3151.JPG

Shipped Monday from CA and arrived in time for happy hour in CT in Friday.
6 minutes to unpack and set up. Now waiting for the boss to get home before I start it up (only fair, I used HER credit card to order:wink:)

IMG_3151.JPG

Very nice Mike! I like that Marine logo! I think you may be the first with a Marines logo that's posted here in the thread ....:thumb:

Cook up something good for your wife since she paid for it. :becky:

Very nice Mike! I like that Marine logo! I think you may be the first with a Marines logo that's posted here in the thread ....:thumb:

Cook up something good for your wife since she paid for it. :becky:

What Andrew said. And thanks for your service!

She is a beauty ...lets get that thing fired up. Love that Marine emblem and thanks.

1st cook

Thanks Andrew. Always nice to be first at something besides last call.
The Mrs. got home and I've got Noah's Signature Chicken going for the start.

A little smokey like me:
1st%2BChicken.JPG

13082618_10204773725421255_8261085559564802644_n.jpg

checks front door....nope.

*taps foot impatiently*

:clock:
I've been tapping my foot impatiently since I read this post! I'm hoping the PBC was delivered and you've made at least one fantastic meal by now!

That's funny!

You'll like that chicken!

Hey what's the badge in your avatar? Here's the one I wore in the AF :becky:

Attachments

• 080102-F-ZZ000-380.jpg
    080102-F-ZZ000-380.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 167
I've been tapping my foot impatiently since I read this post! I'm hoping the PBC was delivered and you've made at least one fantastic meal by now!

i got it! but its been raining/storms here since it arrived. sunday is supposed to be sunny so ribs and chicken going in it on sunday, pic's will follow then.

Trying to keep on topic, but the badge is the only one authorized to be worn by all branches of service, Senior EOD.

Anyway back to on topic, the wife says the chicken was the best I ever turned out (and I cooked in a Bklyn fire house for 10 years). If it wasnt for this forum and this thread specifically, I probably would have tried to "fix" my Brinkmann POS.

So thank you from someone that "Just found matches" to this forum, the Admin that provides this gem and its members.

Last edited:
Trying to keep on topic, but the badge is the only one authorized to be worn by all branches of service, Senior EOD.

Anyway back to on topic, the wife says the chicken was the best I ever turned out (and I cooked in a Bklyn fire house for 10 years). If it wasnt for this forum and this thread specifically, I probably would have tried to "fix" my Brinkmann POS.

So thank you from a newcomer to this forum , the Admin that provides this gem and its members.

I figured you and the wife would like the chicken. Your wife's comment about "best chicken you ever turned out" is one we hear a lot in this thread. Now we just gotta get you trained on posting pics...:becky:
Glad you found the forum and this thread specifically and especially that it led you to buying a PBC! :thumb:

As far as the off topic comments, don't worry I created the thread I approve some off topic comments at times. :becky:...lol. And trust me our conversation about military badges is much better than some of the stuff we've had here! :tsk:
Thankfully we've fixed the worse stuff though! But I appreciate you wanting to keep it on topic!
By the way, my nephew-in-law (I guess that's a thing) is in training in Florida for Air Force EOD! :thumb:

the best chicken ive ever made was in the pbc

A little smokey like me:
1st%2BChicken.JPG

PBC rolling along for the first time in over a month. She was mad at me for the first few minutes and was burning hot. But after a talk she settled back down some. Gonna do a rack of baby backs and wings. Also here's a pic of the two favorite cookers hanging out. Weber is just keeping PBC company for the cook. She'll probably help put out any left over coals at the end.
Ribs on first!

Attachments

• 20160430_133713.jpg
    20160430_133713.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 20160430_134135.jpg
    20160430_134135.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 20160430_134422.jpg
    20160430_134422.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 159
PBC rolling along for the first time in over a month. She was mad at me for the first few minutes and was burning hot. But after a talk she settled back down some. Gonna do a rack of baby backs and wings. Also here's a pic of the two favorite cookers hanging out. Weber is just keeping PBC company for the cook. She'll probably help put out any left over coals at the end.
Ribs on first!

Welcome back to cooking on the PBC.

Looks just like my combo of cookers. I also have the red Weber but yours is much newer and shinier. Mine has the wooden handles.

Back