I've Eaten A Lot of Wings

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
But these were the best I've ever had...easy!!

First I brined them for about 2.5 hours.
Then tossed them with some Yard bird, Owen's buffalo wing seasoning and black pepper.
Smoked on the Egg until 160ish
Dropped in a 360 degree fryer for 90 seconds to crisp up skin
Tossed some in a buffalo sauce and some in an Asian sauce.
Serve with blue cheese dressing with more chunks of blue cheese mixed in....and beer!!

Last edited:
They look excellent!! I have a vortex and grill mat for my BGE and it crisps the skin nicely, no need to drop them in the fryer.

Those look absolutely delicious.

That's pretty much the process I use now. Brine em, rub em, smoke em, flash fry, then homemade wing sauce. Can't be beat!
Looks awesome!

I don't have a fryer, but have found finishing them on the grill works nicely. Yours look great!

Brother I could eat that whole pan. Awesome looking wings for sure. I love wings that have been smoked and finished in the deep fryer. Best of both worlds if you will. Again, great job ole buddy:thumb:

Thanks guys...

Yeah I've tried them many different ways but this is the first time I finished in the fryer. I must say it's way better then finishing on a hot grill, IMO. This will be my new go to process for sure.

I’ve never tried that smoke/fry method on wings in theory it sounds like the perfect wing....can’t wait to try it. Awesome looking !!

Man those look tasty! How salty were they after brining AND rubbing with Yardbird?

I'd sho' nuff tear 'em up

Back