Anyone ever try this seasoning????

MAT5243

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm originally from Florida and remember people using Everglades Seasoning on fish shrimp gator and pork chops. Was wondering if anyone has tried it on ribs or butts etc. gonna order some and try it but just wanted to know if it's been tried before.. Thanks.

Can't say I've heard of or tried this but let us know how you like it in ribs, butts, etc. always looking for something new!

Can't say that I've ever tried it on ribs or butts, but it is good stuff. Their Cactus Dust BBQ rub is new to me. Have to grab some of that and give it a try.

I've never used it on pork. Seafood and veggies only.
Check the ingredients. MSG was the 3rd in the list. I like to avoid MSG now.
I think they now have a MSG-free version of it available.

I received several varieties in a trade with Brethern FlJoeMon a while back. I received the Everglades All-Purpose, Everglades Fish & Chicken and the Everglades Heat. Thanks again FlJoeMon!!!

We really liked the All-Purpose seasoning on chicken and chops. It has a pretty strong sage flavor that goes well with the pork & poultry. I've never tried it on ribs or butt...let us know how it works out.

The Everglades Heat was really good on ribs. Nice flavor, but not too much heat. I'd like to get more, now that you mention it.

I have tried on ribs, I think I may have used too much as was a bit salty for me. I do keep in my spice cabinet as I do use for veggies a lot.

I only spend my winters in Florida, but have adopted Columbia Seasoning from the Tampa area as my go to. It's only 3.95 per jar and works for everything. It's readily available online.

Ok thanks for all the input guys. Will be getting some soon and trying it out. Will post how it turns out.

I'm originally from Florida and remember people using Everglades Seasoning on fish shrimp gator and pork chops. Was wondering if anyone has tried it on ribs or butts etc. gonna order some and try it but just wanted to know if it's been tried before.. Thanks.

I have an Uncle who lives in Avon Park and he sends it to me pretty regular. I think that they are pretty darn good. Especially the all purpose. It goes good on about anything.

Last edited:
What absolutely goes better with everything is that bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock Scottie has beside the rubs.

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
Keep in mind I'm a guy who loves salt, but holy moly is Everglades salty :-D. First time I used it I put on way too much but a light dusting is nice. I'd like to try the other kinds a well some time. I'd bet it would be good on bbq.

What absolutely goes better with everything is that bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock Scottie has beside the rubs.

That ole CMPS does go good with just about everything. In the past we have injected picnic hams with it for that "Caribbean taste".

I've had & used both the Heat & regular seasoning. the regular didn't do much for me (too citrusy for my taste) but the Heat was good for wings & stuff.

Back