Santamaria build time

tonyjohnson619

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
As some know I am building a Santa Maria grill for GTR in trade for a weber rk. I started out with waterjeting the plate at work. Then I started by tacking the frame to the bottom plate and finished putting the frame together. Once the frame was all tacked I flipped it over and started the walls. More to come later but the 16 month old just woke up

Attachments

• 20160908_153213.jpg
    20160908_153213.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 661
Interesting! I don't think I've seen a Santa Maria build before....

I love the versatility of a Santa Maria grill. Great work.

Looking good Tony! Only thing Greg was missing. :thumb:

47vumv.gif

This is my favorite thread ever! :whoo:

Lookin' good Tony! I'm making sure the RK is properly seasoned today.

After watching the dude at Jocko's cooking steaks on a SM pit over an oak fire, I gotta say I am really looking forward to this!

This is my favorite thread ever! :whoo:

Lookin' good Tony! I'm making sure the RK is properly seasoned today.

After watching the dude at Jocko's cooking steaks on a SM pit over an oak fire, I gotta say I am really looking forward to this!

Well this is going to be cool! Can't wait to see how this unfolds...:pop2:

See you, Sako, Phu, and Padawan tomorrow!

That's looking sweet and heavy duty also.

I agree this is going to be a good build to follow. I want one of these grills. Wife says I have too many grills and smokers already. Sheesh :roll:

I agree this is going to be a good build to follow. I want one of these grills. Wife says I have too many grills and smokers already. Sheesh :roll:

The trick is to have so much stuff your wife won't be able to notice you got a new cooker. :thumb: My lovely wife will notice this one, but fortunately she's cool about these sorts of things.

Looking fanfarkingtastic Tony! :clap2:

Dang...you ain't messing around bro!
Phabulous work!
Now I have to plan a next holiday to Cali to see that rig with my own eyes.
Big hug to my man Johnny!

Thanks gregg I hope it turns out to your likingroup. Also there is never easy such a thing as to many cookers

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That looks great so far. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm in the process of building an outdoor kitchen, and I'm planning on putting one of them in it.

Nice!

I have a horse I'll trade you for one. :becky:

Back