ill throw in PBC All-Purpose Pit Rub and double bag of 18.6 Kingsfrod Blue.

throwing in a used thermoworks Dot with probe, black. in excellent condition and less than a year old like the cooker.

This is for a PBC with hinged grate and ash catcher plus the stuff above for $150?

If you were in St Louis I'd buy it to have a second.

If you're shooting for nice rich bark, wrap around 180*+. Nice coat of black pepper also helps. I only do my briskets central TX style with equal parts kosher salt and coarse black pepper. I just picked 16 mesh black pepper and can't wait to do my next brisket with it.

Did salt and pepper only, just not enough I'm thinking? I really dislike over seasoned beef, so am always gun shy. On this one I did something different and never wrapped except to rest. Brisket was probe tender at 192 and out it came. Taste wise 6/10.

I love this cooker. BTW pics don't to it justice

Jk52szSh.jpg

HpCmIcRh.jpg

And Andrew, this a Keith kind of pic :heh: Super moist breast

44ZfGVfh.jpg

I went with my Jumbo Joe and Vortex for the lamb chops :thumb:

MtkcZ5qh.jpg

Sunday Funday PBC cook. Beef short ribs, ABTs and Pigshots, boneless skinless chicken beasts.

Shorties in SPOG, some of them much smaller than the others. Going to be coming off at different times.

Pigshots and ABTs into the pool with the shorties. This is my one complaint about the PBC...not enough horizontal space.

ABTs and Pigshots off. This will be appetizers during the Packers game.

Shorties coming along

Boneless skinless in the PBC All Purpose Rub and a little olive oil. Brined overnight. Bacon wrap a few because ....well I had leftover bacon from the apps.

Chicken off. Tender and moist.

One of the small shorties that I snuck off for a taste test. Not really tender yet but man, was it good flavor

Pics of the finished shorties later. Now eating some apps watching the Pack beat the Lions.

Happy Sunday!

Looks Tasty.

I'm also in St. Louis and tried some boneless skinless chicken breasts this weekend..I feel mine are a little dry (though I only brined for about 3 hours). How long did they cook for?

Looks Tasty.

I'm also in St. Louis and tried some boneless skinless chicken breasts this weekend..I feel mine are a little dry (though I only brined for about 3 hours). How long did they cook for?

Funny. I experimented with one boneless skinless chicken breast yesterday while cooking a Tri-tip and a flank steak in the PBC. The chicken breast tasted great but was a tad more dry than I'd like. Not very dry, but not as juicy as when I grill them. I'll try and post cook pics later.

Looks Tasty.

I brined overnight (from about 11pm until 9am) then they rested in the fridge for a couple hours while I did some other smoking. Once I put them on I started checking temps after 40 min...taking them off in batches whenever they reached 160-165. They were varying thickness so come came off right at 40 and some took up to an hour.

The PBC was running about 285.

everyone sending pms about the cooker. 150 is for stock pbc only. i cant edit previous posts.

i can throw in 2 bags of blue.

I brined overnight (from about 11pm until 9am) then they rested in the fridge for a couple hours while I did some other smoking. Once I put them on I started checking temps after 40 min...taking them off in batches whenever they reached 160-165. They were varying thickness so come came off right at 40 and some took up to an hour.

The PBC was running about 285.

Sounds about right. I'll try brining for longer next time. I wanted to go overnight but I was pressed for time. They aren't DRY necessarily..just not as juicy as I'm used to when I grill them. Great flavor though. :bounce:

Sounds about right. I'll try brining for longer next time. I wanted to go overnight but I was pressed for time. They aren't DRY necessarily..just not as juicy as I'm used to when I grill them. Great flavor though. :bounce:

Mine turned out similar to yours it sounds like. I didnt think of brining. I'll have to do that next time. This time I only cooked one breast though as a test....

Mine turned out similar to yours it sounds like. I didnt think of brining. I'll have to do that next time. This time I only cooked one breast though as a test....

I buy the multi-breast packs from Costco which are usually split up into 6 packs with 2 or 3 breast halves per pack. This makes it easy to freeze what you're not gonna cook as the wife wants "healthy options" when I cook the good stuff like tri-tip. I brine overnight in cheap dollar store or Winco Italian dressing, cook on the grate for about 40 minutes til 160 (flip after 20), and they are perfectly juicy every time. PBC rub or seasoning salt works great and leftovers get used for chicken tacos and salads.

You are clear on that the PartyQ plugs into the adaptor port. The PartyQ male plug is 30.7mm and is ~31.1mm in way of the O-Ring, which means that it is not going to fit into your 1" pipe unless you have the I.D. machined a tad. I was wondering why you were interested in the O.D. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I got my adaptor fabricated at work, fitted and ready for its first trial.

I got my adaptor fabricated at workwork, fitted and ready for its first trial.

Nice! Looks like it fits up real well. The tube is pretty long compared to the bbqguru one but I'm sure it will work fine. I do like how you fitted it up so the inlet it at the bottom of the damper port. Let us know how it works out for you. Congratulations on getting it done.

How do you do burgers on the PBC?

Have about a dozen people coming over Saturday and am just going to cook up some burgers since I dont have much time on Sat. First time doing them on the PBC and wondering what method you use for cooking them? I have a PartyQ and can easily raise the temperature. Planning on using the fresh preformed Costco patties (the huge ones) with some kosher salt and pepper. Cooking techniques are appreciated!

Thanks!

Last time I did burgers on the PBC, I just left the lid off the entire time and cooked them like you would on a Weber. You are far enough away from the coals that they don't get a good char, and its not like smoking them....somewhere in between.

These ribs look outstanding! :eusa_clap How long did these "short" shorties cook till' tender?

As I kinda mentioned in the cook description they were VERY different sizes...some of them I took off at about 3.5 hours in...the thickest ones took about 4.5 hours.

Back