My new baby grill

stangman327

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been out of touch with grilling/smoking for a while due to some life changes but now that its all behind me it's time for me to get back into doing things that I like to do. Just got engaged to a wonderful lady so I'm in a happy place.

So I decided to purchase a Lodge cast iron grill and did a couple of steaks on it and boy are my skills rusty LOL! Darn near burned the over cooked steaks but to my surprise they didn't taste burned at all...had a nice char flavor to them. Used S/P on the veggies and Montreal on the steaks. The pineapples were coated with brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.

She made some coconut rice and tomato salad with some pickled veggies and some locally made kimchi. Also had a bottle of red to help wash everything down. Needless to she loved everything so I was happy.

Attachments

• veggie 1.jpg
    veggie 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 266
  • grill 1.jpg
    grill 1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 267
  • grill 2.jpg
    grill 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 266
  • pineapple 1.jpg
    pineapple 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 266
  • pineapple 2.jpg
    pineapple 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 267
I have one of those Lodge Sportsman grills too. While a little pricey, they sure do work well for small cooks.

Brett/Standman, I would also suggest a Weber Smokey Joe for $30 from your favorite big box store. I find it works well as a complement to my Sportsman grill when I want to do light smoking of my meats, used Pecan branches when I lived in Alabama and they sure made Bison, Beef and, Chicken taste extra special when I wanted more than just a regular charcoal flavor.

I have one of those Lodge Sportsman grills too. While a little pricey, they sure do work well for small cooks.

Brett/Standman, I would also suggest a Weber Smokey Joe for $30 from your favorite big box store. I find it works well as a complement to my Sportsman grill when I want to do light smoking of my meats, used Pecan branches when I lived in Alabama and they sure made Bison, Beef and, Chicken taste extra special when I wanted more than just a regular charcoal flavor.

Wow I was looking at one of those the other day so this must be a sign for me to get one LOL

Back