Using my Smoker as a Grill

SkaterSmoker

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
MJ
I’ve been using this method vs. using my 1975 firebox cowboy grill lately. Not sure if it’s better, but there’s a little more smoke flavor, no flare ups, and not so hot on the hands when flipping the food.

Here’s a YouTube short showing me using my main chamber as a grill to make some chicken tacos.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zU2CTVZlovU?si=yJ2SL-yJcLS0TNLF

My OK Joe cane with a grill in the firebox. Used it more than the pit. Until I burnt out the bottom of the firebox. Now I'm usin the cook chamber for everything I cook outside the house.

Cool

I’ve been using this method vs. using my 1975 firebox cowboy grill lately. Not sure if it’s better, but there’s a little more smoke flavor, no flare ups, and not so hot on the hands when flipping the food.

Here’s a YouTube short showing me using my main chamber as a grill to make some chicken tacos.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zU2CTVZlovU?si=yJ2SL-yJcLS0TNLF

That's quite interesting.

I just got my smoker in a few weeks ago and only had my first cook on it weekend before last.

I don't have a grill in the firebox....and was trying to think of ways I could use it more often and this is inspirational.....

I may give this a try...big fire piled mostly near the cook chamber end of the fire box...hmm...

Alright...thanks for the idea!!

C

That's quite interesting.

I just got my smoker in a few weeks ago and only had my first cook on it weekend before last.

I don't have a grill in the firebox....and was trying to think of ways I could use it more often and this is inspirational.....

I may give this a try...big fire piled mostly near the cook chamber end of the fire box...hmm...

Alright...thanks for the idea!!

C

You're welcome! Yes, a big fire in the middle to towards the back of the firebox. I don't have it pushed all the way back but pretty close. I actually prefer this method because the food has a better smoke flavor, you can add splits during the cook (doesn't just have to be all coals), no flare ups or instantaneous bottom burn, and not so hot on the hands & face when trying to flip the food. Overall, it's so much easier.

Back