Simply Mind Blowing USDA Prime Tri-Tip

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last night was the first real cook I've done since we've moved into our new place. Still have tons to unpack, and only have access to my Kingsford Oval at the moment, but that's not a bad thing as it's delivered for me every time since I got it eleven years ago.

But I digress. A fine USDA Prime Tri-Tip caught my eye yesterday at our local Ralph's meat counter:

DSC_3040_zps958b00a2.jpg

Not possible to take a pass on a piece of meat like that!

Seasoned up with Cattleman's Coffee rub, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper:

DSC_3044_zps63a28c36.jpg

I cooked the meat indirect over mesquite lump and a chunk of oak for about half an hour, then finished it off direct for a few minutes.

And here it is shortly before I pulled it off the grill:

DSC_3052_zpsf69d203c.jpg

After a ten minute rest, I began slicing:

9262014TriTipCut2_zps6d786aa6.jpg

Man was that good - literally melt in your mouth beefy goodness! And all that savory juice got sopped up with some of The Missus' homemade garlic bread.

smiley-eatdrink024.gif

Geeeeejuzzzz!

I am a little surprised it didn't all melt in the heat, that's a lot of fat

Looks great! The 2 Ralphs near me never have meat that's even vaguely that good.

Thats a good one for sure Moose!

This is one I got last week at Ralphs as well. 5 bucks a pound.
Not as nice as yours, but close.
IMG_2505_zps5135902f.jpg

IMG_2510_zpsc7918e2d.jpg

Awesome cook!!!! At which Ralphs did you find this?

This one:

19781 Rinaldi St
Porter Ranch, CA 91326 Phone number (818) 832-5955

When we lived in Encino, this one also had a really good meat section:

17840 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316

Both locations have really good USDA choice and Prime beef. Sometimes their choice is approaching prime on many occasions.

When we lived in Encino, this one also had a really good meat section:

17840 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316

Both locations have really good USDA choice and Prime beef. Sometimes their choice is approaching prime on many occasions.

Thanks Moose!
The Encino location, is that the recently renovated one? If so, my daughter lives in Sherman Oaks and on my next visit I'll be sure to check that location out.

Quick hijack - any SoCal farkers looking at this who don't know about the upcoming Brethren Bash on 10/11 have a look here and come on out!

Back