Vegemite. The Basic Tuturial. not BBQ

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Vegemite. The Basic Tutorial.:becky:

First off, get some Vegemite.
Today I will show you how to apply it to Crackers,Weet Bix,and Toast.

IMG_5396%20Medium_zpszzox661n.jpg

Butter your Cracker.

IMG_5397%20Medium_zpso2l19gk4.jpg

Scoop some Vegemite.

IMG_5398%20Medium_zpsqgspwqla.jpg

Smear it over as if you want to get dirty.:shocked:

IMG_5399%20Medium_zpsccanuvfb.jpg

Now for an option, top with your Favorite Cheese.

IMG_5401%20Medium_zpsztvblck9.jpg

Put on another Buttered Cracker.

IMG_5403%20Medium_zpslecpvurj.jpg

Tadaaaa, you now have a Vegemite Cracker sandwich, very common in Lunch bags at Schools all over.

Next for a real snack Delight, something to come home too after school, or the Pub.:heh:

Grab your favorite Breakfast Weet Bix.

IMG_5404%20Medium_zpsdiqgvwkp.jpg

Butter that Baby up.

IMG_5405%20Medium_zpss****2ka.jpg

Spread it on thick Baby.

IMG_5406%20Medium_zpsjnnqh1qj.jpg

Very important to not Sneeze when eating one of these or it becomes a Foof spray.

Sneeze and it goes Foof all over the place.:doh:

Now for our Favorite, Toast.
Today we are doing a His and Hers, I like it thick. she spreads it like it costs a fortune.

IMG_5410%20Medium_zpsmajddpoh.jpg

Mine is bottom, hers is top.

IMG_5414%20Medium_zpshora1rck.jpg

I like cheese on mine.

IMG_5415%20Medium_zpsu6hw2vog.jpg

now for some real excitement.
Some plated shots.

IMG_5418%20Medium_zpsjx7wvxai.jpg

IMG_5420%20Medium_zpseklokplc.jpg

Hows this for a Vegemite Ring?

IMG_5422%20Medium_zps7aavm7wg.jpg

Lovely bite thru texture

IMG_5425%20Medium_zpsa7giyarv.jpg

Now, a serious word of warning, when using a Knife to spread the Vegemite do not return to the Butter tub with a dirty Knife.
Its much better to lick it clean, women generally do not like the black streaks thru their Butter.

Remember ,lick that knife clean.

IMG_5409%20Medium_zps0amcybff.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you have all learn,t something new today

Thanks for the tutorial, I would have applied it much thicker....

Smells somewhat similar to brewer's years supplement.

Where is the "Fosters"?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fo...g/news-story/25829d1d65da518aec9118dab8ed5fe5

Closer than you think:pound::pound:

A DISGRUNTLED beer aficionado is suing Miller Brewing Co. for misleading him into thinking Foster’s Lager was brewed in Australia.

New York man Leif Nelson, 37, has filed a lawsuit against Miller Brewing Co. in the Brooklyn Federal Court, claiming the company’s advertising for Foster’s Lager misled him.
He pointed to the company’s slogan “Foster’s Australian for Beer” as giving a false impression that the beer was from Australia.

He should be locked up for bad taste:laugh:

I encourage any Seppo that wants to try Vegemite to look at how Vonnie (hope I got that right mate) has hers. That is the way newbies need to try it.

I'm in the Titch camp, but growing up with it, you get like that.

I encourage any Seppo that wants to try Vegemite to look at how Vonnie (hope I got that right mate) has hers. That is the way newbies need to try it.

I'm in the Titch camp, but growing up with it, you get like that.

You a Knife licker I hope:thumb:

I have tried that Stuff exactly Once.......... :puke:

I was in a training class in Houston and there were 2 fellars working out of Moomba in the class. I tried in on a Saltine cracker.

I have tried that Stuff exactly Once.......... :puke:

I was in a training class in Houston and there were 2 fellars working out of Moomba in the class. I tried in on a Saltine cracker.

least you gave it a shot:thumb: can send you some more to try if you like:laugh:

I think I still have the taste of Vegemite in my mouth - it was 16 years ago that I tried it. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I had about the same experience with poi In Hawaii. I'd still take the burnt beer sludge Vegemite over the school glue paste poi any day! :mrgreen:

Looks like those sandwiches would be quite good after substituting brisket or some other kind of real food for the vegemite.

I think I still have the taste of Vegemite in my mouth - it was 16 years ago that I tried it. Wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I had about the same experience with poi In Hawaii. I'd still take the burnt beer sludge Vegemite over the school glue paste poi any day! :mrgreen:

LOL....Thats Just too funny....:razz:

Back