What do I have here.....piggy briskets?

That sure does look like a brisket...

I have been getting "Pork Ribeyes" from HEB lately. They come preseasoned, but I always kick it up a little. They are great reverse seared with some thinned Spicy Stubb's brushed on them...

Here's what the cut looks like without the seasoning. Tender, juicy, fatty, pork deliciousness...

Does that fat cook down to the consistency of a beef ribeye when you grill it?

Wonder where besides RD I can get some??

This is just a guess but it seems that this brand may be marketing this cut as a steak and hence the cheaper prices to get people to try it. I have never seen it until yesterday at RD.

Man, this looks like a fun cut to play with. Almost more like a large, flat money muscle

I'm thinking these things should've took a bath in Scott's for a few hours or all day today then hit the Smoke.............

Does that fat cook down to the consistency of a beef ribeye when you grill it?

Yeah, just a like a Ribeye, it'll cook down some of the fat, but htere will still be some remaining. I don't mind. I'm like Jack Sprat's wife...

I don't have a picture of them sauced...

Attachments

• Pork Ribeyes.jpg
    Pork Ribeyes.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 59
Straight from the pigs mouth:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Prairie Fresh.

This steak cut comes from the lean strip of meat located on the top of the Chef’s Prime Pork Roast. The Chef’s Prime Pork Roast is located on the shoulder end, also known as the blade end, of a center cut boneless pork loin. The natural, flat shape makes it a delicious economical pork cut.

We appreciate your interest in our Prairie Fresh products.

Sincerely,

Prairie Fresh Consumer Affairs

Back