MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #16
Shadowdog500
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchman View Post
Soups, stews, chowder, pot pies, mac n cheese, it's all good and perfect for the Fall and Winter seasons! I made a New England Fish Chowder last weekend.

Here's a Chicken Noodle Soup I made yesterday. My wife's normally the Soup Lady, but I knew she'd be a bit under the weather after some dental work so I took over the soup making chore for the day.

Bone-in chicken breasts seasoned with Yardbird out on the Weber, diced up including the crispy skin which is where all the flavor is and into the soup pot with carrots, celery, onion, garlic and eventually the noodles. I know a lot of recipes boil the chicken in the water but we're all lucky enough on this forum to know there's a better way.

No wimpy bowls of soup in my house. And I got a big thumbs up from my wife. She may not give up her title but at least she knows I can make a good bowl of soup.
That’s a great looking soup! Now I have a hankering for a good chicken noodle soup.

My wife makes it using all of the chicken including the innards. It took me a while to get used to eating the innards in the soup when we first got married, but they actually make the broth taste better and now they are the first pieces if put in my bowl.

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #17
jzadski
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Definitely brisket chili and some crock pot english cut roasts with the cream of mushroom soup and liptons french onion, mashed taters

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #18
No1
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : NoOne

We made Red Beans and Rice the other night. It was spectacular, 2 kinds of sausages and just the right amount of heat. Leftovers were even better!

Thai Tao Charcoal Burner

*On Order - AZ BBQ Outfitters 48” Argentine Grill w/ Brassero
No1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 PM   #19
Mike in Roseville
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Mike

Turkey soup, chili WITH BEANS, ham and bean soup, Italian beef, and posole.

These pot (or Crock Pot) meals are flavors of my life and points in my soul.
Mike in Roseville is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 PM   #20
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Soups,beef stews,chili,pot roast,greens(turnip,mustard,etc.)
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2020, 12:40 AM   #21
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cheesy hash brown casserole for sure.
Potato soup.
Sausage gravy and biscuits.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2020, 02:44 AM   #22
food4thot
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
A good dog is even better than a good meal.

I make meat loaf and braised dishes. Tonight is lamb shanks but instead of smoking I decided to Instant Pot them.
Ironic. Have some lamb shanks in the freezer I planned to do this weekend. No smoke or insty pot...just a pan sear and braise. Gonna try Naturrific Lamb on them.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:37 AM   #23
Nuco59
is Blowin Smoke!

Gumbo, chicken and dumplings, chili (beans or not). I love good southern cornbread dressing and turkey gravy any time of the year. Pinto's, pan fried potatoes, and cornbread...why am I hungry all of a sudden.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:10 AM   #24
Maylar
Full Fledged Farker

chicken noodle, beef veggie soup. chili (with beans). the crock pot gets a workout too, either chicken or pot roast.

Old 10-31-2020, 04:40 PM   #25
CivilTrojan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzadski View Post
Definitely brisket chili and some crock pot english cut roasts with the cream of mushroom soup and liptons french onion, mashed taters
Exactly how my mom makes her roast! Potatoes are different though, instead of mashed she peels and halves red potatoes and adds them to the crock pot half way through the cook. Delicious.

Chili is always a favorite, as is tamales. What’s really good is topping the tamales with chili!
CivilTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2020, 05:46 PM   #26
DarkStar11
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Our cold weather favorites are pot roast, stews, pot pies, and halupki. I whipped up a big pot of Brunswick stew last Monday when we got our first cold weather. Chili and soups get made pretty much year-round.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #27
shares
is one Smokin' Farker

Soup season! Chicken noodle, chicken pot pie soup, risotto. I've been refining my chowder for over ten years - and if I'm ever back in Santa Cruz in February I'll give them another chance to get it right - hee hee.

www.TooAshamedToName.com - Competition BBQ Team

Last edited by shares; 10-31-2020 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: politeness clarification
shares is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 PM   #28
okiej
is one Smokin' Farker

Chili with a FEW Beans, Tomato based stew, Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken pot pie, pot roast, Potato soup,
Super-Fast Thunder Blue Thermapen
No Longer with me: Brinkman Professional offset, Oklahoma Joe offset
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:23 PM   #29
kevinstaggs
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

That looks like a good choice right there. My fav is probably redtop stew and cornbread. Ummm uuumm good.
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote