Ready for the sauce

ChickenPractice86013.jpg

Back in the cooker to set the sauce

ChickenPractice86014.jpg

On the plate

ChickenPractice86015.jpg

Bite through skin success!

ChickenPractice86016.jpg

By the way, the flavors were Simply Marvelous!
Thanks for lookin'

They sure look good to me. Nice texture from the looks of it

Absolutely beautiful - as always! :clap2:

One question - would you go through this process for chicken you would eat at home?

Absolutely beautiful - as always! :clap2:

One question - would you go through this process for chicken you would eat at home?

The only time I go through that whole process is when practicing for competition. It produces very good and very pretty "one bite BBQ", which is what comps are all about, but for regular consumption, not really my cup of tea.
I learned a long time ago to cook for the judges, not for myself at competitions.

I prefer spatchcocked yardbird, finished over hot coals with a little char on it and sauce on the side, but that wouldn't work very well in a turn in box...

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Looks like a winner to me!

I tell ya.....I LOVE competition chicken. Out of all the comp meats I've tasted, I will almost always go back for a second (or third) thigh. Not sure what it is, I'm not usually a BBQ chicken guy. I don't usually care for real sweet, saucy chicken, but.....MAN, loves me some comp chicken thighs.

ESPECIALLY if they're "Simply Marvelous"....:roll::thumb:

Now that is some good looking chicken...:thumb:

Too bad you couldn't turn in the plate shot. If I was a judge, I would rather see that plated shot than a styrofoam container filled with green brush.

Myron would be proud of you!!!:laugh: Just funnin.Sexy thighs you have there.:thumb:

thats a work of art. thanks misterbob for going through that process. having never done a comp i was always curious as to how you got those thighs so nice and purty:grin:

You nailed those from what I see good job brotha, see practice makes perfect ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Maybe you can help me. Every picture I see of the butter bath has the top side of the thigh out of the butter. When I've tried this the top skin was super leathery on the finished product, but the bottom skin was bite through. So the next time I flipped the chicken so most of the skin was down in the butter bath and the finished product had a nice bite through. What's going on here cause everyone post pics doing it the way you did but I can't get mine to work that way?

Back