My Diamond Trailer failure...

Trailer Trash

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The screws on the side skin of my 2014 Diamond trailer backed out going down the freeway and the wind took out the aluminum side. When I pulled/ripped off the flapping sheeting I noticed that it had not been glued properly to the metal studs as well. I purchased this here on the forum from a Brother and am worried that Diamond may opt out on any kind of repair help...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 509
2 sheets of aluminum siding and some screws and put it back together. Shouldn't cost much more than $250 And a few hours.

Plowin, Your right and that is my plan however I'm hoping Diamond Trailer will help with the expense as an effort to demonstrate their efforts to stand behind their product / assembly quality. If not I'll deal with it myself. Other than this mishap the trailer has been great. Tows great and looks awesome.

Matt, I appreciate the comment. **** happens. The Brethern I bought it from has already emailed me his original paperwork to help in any way. I've just received some communication back from Diamond Trailers which tells me they are not shutting their eyes to it. So far everyone seems to be helping. I let you all know what happens.

I'm hoping no cars were hit with flying debris. If not this could've been a heck of a lot worse.

I'm hoping no cars were hit with flying debris. If not this could've been a heck of a lot worse.

Luv, I was able get pulled over and had leather gloves in my truck to rib off the debris. All in all, it was less of an issue than tire debris flying all over the freeway. I guess that's the positive note on this. I was able to enjoy the rest of our trip / BBQ, however I'd sure like to be compensated for the repairs. Thank you for the input!

Did it start tearing from the bottom up? Looks like the way the seams are overlapped it didn't start at a seam?

Luv, it apparently pounded the separation from between the aluminum sheets where the screws fell out. Then worked it from the inside / out, ripping the sheets away from the studs and pulling them from the screws left in tack. The ripping stopped right where the adhesive began, showing that there was not appropriate adhesive applied when built.

That's crazy! Guess I'm going to have to start paying attention to my Diamond Cargo trailer.

I've ended up having to pay for this on my own. Steve with Diamond Cargo has never returned my messages... A little disappointing...

I've ended up having to pay for this on my own. Steve with Diamond Cargo has never returned my messages... A little disappointing...

Who is Steve and what is his title? Who is Steve's boss? Go to that person and explain the situation and inactivity so far. Keep going up the ladder until someone listens. This sounds like a manufacturing defect and you shouldn't have to pay.

Back