Smoker Build - "The Viking"

Welcome, I'd mention the redneck factor but see your from way up north.
Carry on.
Ed

Dude, rednecks are not just a southern thing, they're all over the world!

This is a sweet build. Love the gravity feed chute and idea.

So what's the longest you've ran it?

Anxious to see some que from this beauty.

Welcome to the Brethren, and congratulations on a nice build. You definitely have some talent, and you can't beat the end result. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome smoker! Keep in mind a lot of the old fridge insulation can be asbestos based.
If sealed back up tight it probably won't matter. But if worried you may want to rip out the old insulation and repack with new insulation. Just a thought! Smoker looks great!

Thanks everyone for the comments and compliments. I already have visions of building a bigger trailer-mounted gravity feed smoker, but for now I'll just enjoy this one. Haven't used it beyond the first trial smoke, an 8lb butt. It turned out great. Good smoke flavor without the hint of char or ash that I'd sometimes get with the PBC. Can't wait to use it this coming weekend. Haven't decided what the cook will be, but I've had some turkeys in the freezer for awhile that I might brine and smoke. Makes for great leftovers. That or pick up some ribs. Whatever it is I'll post pics when it's done.

My Auber controller is on it's way as well. As soon as it gets here we'll have a sausage making day and see how much I can load up. With 6 hanging rods I'm hoping it'll hold at least 40lb, but we'll see.

Back