Grilled Pineapple for Dessert

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've been using my kettle a lot lately for some quick dinners. My Daughter's and my Granddaughter's visit are growing shorter in time day by day. They will be leaving after Memorial Day and we will be leaving for a month in Germany and Bavaria shortly thereafter.

My Daughter wanted brined pork chops and my Granddaughter wanted BBQ pork chops, so I tried to make both....

Pork Chops were brined for 4 hours in Oakridge Game Changer Brine mixed with ginger-ale with some Worcestershire sauce.

1%20Brined%20Chops_zpsklwvymro.jpg

Prepped some potatoes in foil, with sliced onion, bacon, butter, with a citrus blend seasoning.

2%20Potatoes_zpsrqqdbsdw.jpg

Prepped some asparagus with olive oil and the same citrus blend seasoning.

3%20Aspearagus_zpshcptcxkr.jpg

Cooked the brined chops first, seasoned with Oakridge Santa Maria Grill Seasoning.

5%20Chops%201_zpsfqrckq8u.jpg

Then put on the BBQ chops, used Craig's BBQ Sauce by Texas Pepper Jelly. Slightly sweet with a hint of sass, but not hot.

6%20Chops%202_zpsxgbzi9r0.jpg

Then put the asparagus on the kettle, turning gently until tender.

7%20Aspearagus_zps9towwhrh.jpg

Finished the meal off with some fresh pineapple slices seasoned with Tajin fruit seasoning before hitting the grill.

4%20Pineapple_zps5mawedxw.jpg

Grilled until tender and lightly charred to maximize flavors. Yes the char maximizes the sweetness and flavor.

8%20Pineapple_zps0skt5vbl.jpg

Everybody was quiet and happy at the dinner table.....

Sorry no plated pictures

I'd be happy to eat some (a lot) of that. Looks delicious. The last pineapple I grilled my daughters dogs found their way onto the counter and devoured 2 pineapples worth in under 15 seconds, apparently it was good and the aroma made them break every rule they had been taught.

Wow...

That looks amazing, Bob!

Dinner looks fantastic, and who doesn't love some grilled pineapple for desert!?

Looks awesome mate, I love grilled pineapple, specially on burgers

Back