Catering for 80 help!

2 Bones BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello Brethren
So I have a catering job coming up for 80 and they want brisket, pork, bb ribs and 2 sides. The problem I'm having is coming up with a reasonable amount of meat to tell them. I figure 1/2 meat per person but what do you think would be a good mix?
Thanks,
Tony

You need to have them decide. And then get it in writing that, that is what they decided on. Otherwise you are going to be in trouble. I would steer them towards PP, then Brisket, and then ribs as the last "fill in " meat. Are you just dropping off or manning the buffet? People will take a rack of ribs if you are not portioning out.

Hello Brethren
So I have a catering job coming up for 80 and they want brisket, pork, bb ribs and 2 sides. The problem I'm having is coming up with a reasonable amount of meat to tell them. I figure 1/2 meat per person but what do you think would be a good mix?
Thanks,
Tony

I don't tell them how much meat I am bringing. I give them a price based on 3 meats and two sides and then I cover my a$$ so I don't run out. The only exception to this rule is ribs. I do let them know how many ribs per person I am supplying and have them let guests know to only take that amount each until all guests have gone through the buffet. For the job you have I would cook 4oz pork, 3oz brisket and and two bones of ribs per person for my area.

Thanks guys. I am using ribs as a fill in and 2-3 bones depending on what the customer wants. I will have them portioned out already to make it easy.

Back