Doubt on MEATER, Part II

I don't have a dog in this race, but with almost $4M invested and not much to show for it, not looking too good.

I keep seeing updates that the big boss goes to "the factory" quite a bit. I'm beginning to think that it's the name of a brothel he likes to visit. :p

I have my doubts. From my understanding this was supposed to be working tech and the funding was to get to market. Sounds more like this was early theory and folks got sucked in to backing development of new technology. Imo that step is for actual venture capitalist.

It was too good to be true and many bit. Some "invested" in multiple units (probably a bad idea).

Guess im not into gadgets. This was no game changer, at least not to me. Being a good cook is about using all of your senses in combination with experience to achieve a successful result. No magic wireless thermometer is gonna fix being an unaware bad cook

A supposedly beta tester posted on indiegogo but who knows how valid that is. But beta testers most likely signed NDAs. Also they produced the app for iphone/android. I believe they are working on it just taking forever. We'll see, I'm backer 510 so if it is real I should see it sooner than most.

A supposedly beta tester posted on indiegogo but who knows how valid that is. But beta testers most likely signed NDAs. Also they produced the app for iphone/android. I believe they are working on it just taking forever. We'll see, I'm backer 510 so if it is real I should see it sooner than most.

Well you would know more than me. Ive just read random updates and comments. Youve probably been following all along. Have they ever demo'd a working unit?

I do laugh at comments for a refund. I don't think it works like that, iunless its outright fraud.

Well you would know more than me. Ive just read random updates and comments. Youve probably been following all along. Have they ever demo'd a working unit?

I do laugh at comments for a refund. I don't think it works like that, iunless its outright fraud.

The video they posted a couple days ago showed the app and probes working together. It was edited but it did show the temp change when he moved the probe off the table so it's promising. I'd be surprised if this doesn't get fulfilled. Just taking longer. I ordered a Loki too....

I believe that from very beginning it is a well made story.
All picture and video are nothing but picture and video.
In reality there is never a thing of MEATER.
the men are good photographer and story teller.

I believe that from very beginning it is a well made story.
All picture and video are nothing but picture and video.
In reality there is never a thing of MEATER.
the men are good photographer and story teller.

How's development on your alternative coming?

Not to start a quarrel, but my take would be that this sort of post seems a bit mean spirited, not helpful to bbq enthusiasts that have optimistically put money into the project, and seems to be made primarily out of your own commercial interest. I don't know what you sell, but I'd be strongly inclined to not want to purchase it based on that, since you asked.

I wouldn't pile on woodpellet.

There is an obvious delay and customer backlash that makes topic relevant for discussion.

This thread is helpful to BBQ Bretthren here.
None really sees a real MEATER.
MEARTER has got $4 million
and THE MEATER IS STILL MAKING AD. on youtube, facebook, twitter
and MEATER is still stealling money from BBQ brethren.
This post is nothing but remind, not waste your money.
I am NOT a competitor of MEATER
MEATER is too good to be true.
I can never have ability to make a same thing as MEATER.
I have nothing to sell as MEATER.

This thread is helpful to BBQ Bretthren here.
None really sees a real MEATER.
MEARTER has got $4 million
and THE MEATER IS STILL MAKING AD. on youtube, facebook, twitter
and MEATER is still stealling money from BBQ brethren.
This post is nothing but remind, not waste your money.
I am NOT a competitor of MEATER
MEATER is too good to be true.
I can never have ability to make a same thing as MEATER.
I have nothing to sell as MEATER.

I thought you were going to make your own similar version? You sounded confident you could in Meater's lying failure. Here's from your other thread.

I am watching MEATER on kickstart and indigogo.
Now I can be 100% sure that MEATER guys are liars.
But some of its idea is good to follow.

I am going to develop a similiar thermometer but with two main changes
#1. same construction as MEATER, but leave electronics part outside the smoker. Needle will be 20' Inches long. You need to drill a hole on your smoker.
Then you insert the needle into the hole. Electronis part is left outside the smoker

#2.instead of bluetooth or Zigbee, or Zwave, I will use most common 433Hz wireless signal, for long effective distance. Please read feedback of iGrill on Amazon.com.
iGrill claims 150' feet. A few commnets say 15' feet in reality. iGrill uses bluetooth. By 433Hz 50' feet is GUARANTEED.

The electronics part will be fully insulated. It is water proof.
Built-in rechargable li-ion battery.
wireless recharge

I need a partner good at I.T. Photoshop, and most important native English speaker

With a lot of people possibly out of money from Meater you would be in a good place to fill the gap in the market. Is this something you still are pursuing? Would be great to see an alternative.

Back