Festival of Meat (Pr0n heavy)

robbq

is one Smokin' Farker
We had our 7th annual Festival of Meat yesterday. This is a party we do with a few families every year. Everybody cooks, the focus is meat, and we eat way too much. The food was amazing, as usual.

I made a few things. First, some ABTs.

Putting them together. The store was out of little smokies, so I used little kielbasas instead. I liked them even better.
2806.jpg

Wrapped up and ready to be smoked.
2807.jpg

Halfway there.
2811.jpg

All done. These went quick.
2816.jpg

Ground beef sates, before and after grilling.
2837.jpg

2839.jpg

Lemongrass beef sates. These are everyone's favorite, they are amazing.
2851.jpg

Every year I try to do something new, and this time I tried making a dish I had in Spain a few months ago called "torrezno". It's thick pieces of bacon with the skin on, cooked until the skin is crunchy and the rest is a meaty, fatty hunk of goodness. I got some advice from Spanish coworkers and tried it. Around here you can't find bacon with the skin on, so I got some pork belly, sliced it and cured it for a few days. Here it is slowly frying with the skin side down.
2813.jpg

Once the skin is crunchy, you brown it on all sides. These got a little overcooked, but still came out OK. This is what they looked like before being sliced into bite sized pieces.
2836.jpg

And ready to eat. This is a heart attack on a plate, but very very tasty.
2844.jpg

Friends brought a lot of other food. Here are some highlights.

Kielbasa with cheese, pineapple and cherries.
2830.jpg

Salami, prosciutto and cheeses.
2826.jpg

2827.jpg

Deviled eggs.
2829.jpg

Lobster mac and cheese.
2831.jpg

Smoked salmon.
2835.jpg

And these pictures are bad, but buffalo wings and honey bbq wings. They were almost gone by the time I got a picture.
2846.jpg

2847.jpg

It's one of my favorite days of the year, and we had a great time.

It is amazing!!!

But those deviled eggs are new to me...I'd swear they were chicken wings...
I'd bet I've been making them wrong all these years.

Great batch of goods all the way there man !!!

Good lookin' batch of 'Turds you did & I'm on this one:

"Kielbasa with cheese, pineapple and cherries.'

Stunning feed, I bet you impressed a few people with that tasty looking feed.
The pork belly is close to what my Argentinian friends serve

Looks fantastic! Also looks like ya broke out the Maytag blue cheese as well. That's some creamy stanky goodness right there!

OK, now I'm hungry! Now I'm going to have to get on making last nights left over butt into a breakfast burrito before I eat tablet trying to get to that food of yours.

Back