The Official Humphreys Smoker photo thread

Did I dream about an Humphrey's vertical cabinet gravity fed reverse flow smoker ????

I underline REVERSE FLOW

Nope! You weren't dreaming! It's realatiy! Humphrey's Tank series are reverse flow gravity feed units!

Picked up my used Humphrey's Pint Friday and promptly christened it with a brisket Saturday!

This thing is a BEAST! Really enjoyed using this smoker. Coming from uninsulated WSMs this thing runs like a dream.:clap2:

Looking forward to using it with my pit controller in the future for even more stability.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 336
40th birthday present last November

My wife likes orange, I ride KTM's. It's a win win!

Half pint fired up for 8lbs of pulled deliciousness.

Attachments

• 20160528_095348_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20160528_095348_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 286
Congrats on all the new cookers, cleaned mine up yesterday for a Sunday SRF brisket, will get some shots with the spinners on it.

My Battle Box all shined up after her first comp. She smoked some mighty fine chicken this weekend!

14w7wh5.jpg

Nice Deuce! I'm assuming you use a guru?

I'd love to see pics of how everyone sets up their firebox. I've been filling it with coals and chunks and putting the lit coals on the intake side. But I think I may try and put the lit coals on the other side so it burns towards the intake.

I use the T-maze and leave a spot in the back right corner (intake side) empty and put about 1/2 a chimney of hot coals to get it started. Lump takes about an hour to hit 300F and briq takes 1.5 hours, give or take. I also put room temp water in the pan before lighting the coals. So if I used hot water, it'd come up to temp faster.

i have a question for you Humphrey's owners. im going to be ordering one soon and im trying to get all my options figured out and i thought i knew exactly what i wanted and then... i looked at different model. im comparing the Pint to a GF Mini II, the cook chambers are the same size, only big difference is gravity feed.

so my question is this, is there any big advantage of gravity feed over a fire box running T-mazes?

are there any options that fall into the " must have " list? i dont want to get it and then think "crap why didnt i add that"

Probe ports, stainless round bar racks and basting tray are the main three. Then angled leg extensions, 8" wheels, stainless grab bars, additional round bar rack, umbrella holder, t-maze and I am sure others will chime in.

i had prob ports, basting tray, angled legs, 8" wheels, stainless upgrade, t-mazes on my list. i was also humoring the umbrella holder

I dig it, one thing with the umbrella though, I learned the hard way, drill and pin the post so it doesn't take off like a kite. You can then add some sweet solar lighting under the cover.

Back