How many ribs on a 22 WSM?....This many.

Kikaida

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did up 5 racks this weekend, 3 up top and 2 below. As you can see, lots of room for 3 spares and 2 BB. Could have probably tossed a sixth on the bottom.....Now if you stand them on their sides? What, a dozen or so? These came out amazingaling.

Attachments

• Ribs.jpg
    Ribs.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 259
Yeah, I would think 6 in a rack on each level. Those really look awesome. The color looks good and the glaze is great.

I agree, the color is great. I don't own a WSM (yet, always looking) and it amazes me at the size of the cook area of the 22". Gotta look harder for one.

Did up 5 racks this weekend, 3 up top and 2 below. As you can see, lots of room for 3 spares and 2 BB. Could have probably tossed a sixth on the bottom.....Now if you stand them on their sides? What, a dozen or so? These came out amazingaling.

Buy a second grill grate and flip it over the top grill grate, can lay another 3 ribs.

Thanks for the kind words guys, this was a great cook. Fuel estimate was spot on with maybe a half hour burn left, the fuel setup was also awesome, temps just stuck at 225 despite it being 107 in the shade. Usually temps are a bit wild early on but this just cruised on auto-pilot.

Nice work there.

Amazing looking ribs! I don't have a 22 but I've hung up to 6 slabs in my 14.5" smoker.

P1070259_zps590d1d1a.jpg

Last edited:
This guy only fit 2 spares and 2 baby backs, loins, belly, 2 shoulders, 2 Hams, 4 Hocks and a Head......:wink:

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSJv_0Liy90[/ame]

Last edited:
You can do 6 racks on the top rack with a rib rack. I normally do 3 racks of spares and 2 racks of beef backs with room to spare.

Back