You don't like what?

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What's the BBQ food you don't really like that most people do?

Mine is pulled pork. I think it is versatile and cheap. Passable as a sandwich. But other than being one of the cheapest cuts it just isn't a favorite.

In order for me of standard smoking/grilling fare:

Brisket
Pork Belly
Steak
Fattys, ABT's, etc... side foods
Beef ribs
St. Louis ribs
Chicken wings
Chuckies
Bone in turkeys breasts
Chicken parts
Fish
Pulled pork

Not a fan of Turkey believe it or not...
and honestly, most poultry...

Done right, it's great... but seldom have I had it where I've considered it done right on a smoker. Either over done, under done, or way too much done to it to give it a "flavor" profile.

Brisket. All that time and effort, just to make an improved pot roast. I do like it corned, though.

I second the pulled pork. Most places serve it too dry for my liking. And then put on a mediocre sauce to hide it. I like my briskets fatty and can always ask for a moist cut. I can’t for pork.

Not real big on smoked chicken, but it's ok. What I don't like is macaroni and cheese. It's just not good.

I make some awesome Pork Belly according to my BBQ fans but I have a hard time swallowing pure pork fat....

I like to cook brisket... but prefer to eat spare ribs.

Pulled pork is a close second.

I'd eat dirt before I ate potato salad. Or cole slaw.

Not a fan of turkey or fish. Any cut of pork or beef is ok in my book. I like some fish, I just don’t believe I should waste my time on the smoker for it. I’ve smoked a whole turkey a few times and although it’s better than the murdered carcass that comes out of most people’s oven, it just doesn’t do anything special for me

Damn, for those of you who don't like pork butt, I'd like to serve mine and see if the opinion changes. It's the one cut I can consistently nail with excellent results and it's always moist and flavorful with no sauce needed.

For me, its a toss up between pork belly and turkey. Pork belly really hasn't to be cooked perfectly for me to enjoy it and that's crisped up and sauced like burnt ends. Turkey is okay but it's boring to cook and boring to eat.

I have to go with pulled pork. I don't dislike it, but like Czarbeque said it's usually served too dry. I can smoke a pretty good butt only it makes a lot of protein for 2 people.

And turkey legs. I really enjoy a good state fair leg but have never been able to replicate them.

No turkey for me. Pulled pork is good covered in sauce and on a bun with coleslaw. Or in tacos. Not by itself.

Brisket is fine. Love burnt ends. Love pastrami. And pretty much everything else.

Not a big fan of baked beans.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been at this BBQ thing for a few years now. I've cooked my fair share of things.. I have to say its pulled pork.. EVERYONE loves it. its cheap to fix and can feed large amounts of people. My pork butts always come out fantastic and I love to cook them but out of everything I've fixed BBQ related I would choose any other thing before pulled pork.

I've been at this BBQ thing for a few years now. I've cooked my fair share of things.. I have to say its pulled pork.. EVERYONE loves it. its cheap to fix and can feed large amounts of people. My pork butts always come out fantastic and I love to cook them but out of everything I've fixed BBQ related I would choose any other thing before pulled pork.
Exactly my situation.

I fourth or fifth pulled pork...just does not interest me to eat. I do like sliced money muscle when prepared competition style but I have zero interest in the rest of it. Other people like it though, so I do cook it often.

Back